GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Clem, your coolant's low :D

I like the idea of the BFI mounts but the NVH always gives me pause. How were the 034's for you?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Clem, your coolant's low :D

I like the idea of the BFI mounts but the NVH always gives me pause. How were the 034's for you?
The NVH from the 034 mounts was just perfect for me, almost unoticeable. I know the BFI's will produce slightly more NVH than the 034's but I can live with it as long as their aren't any potential issues with them. They seem to have a good track record.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
BFI S1 motor and trans on mine and very happy with them. Didn't notice a huge increase in NVH but everyone's different. Def quality parts after seeing how flimsy the rubber on the stock mounts were.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
BFI S1 motor and trans on mine and very happy with them. Didn't notice a huge increase in NVH but everyone's different. Def quality parts after seeing how flimsy the rubber on the stock mounts were.
Crazy thing, but my stock mount never developed the problem the 034 has.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Please message me, and I'll get you a code. Be advised we are currently out of the transmission mount, but do have the insert. We also will be released a full replacement transmission mount shortly. :)

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Just checked my motor mount and it looks like Clem's. You can see where the mount has moved. It's not going to just fall out or anything, but looks like I might be up for some BFI mounts as well. Probably stage two.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Have had stage 2 BFI mounts on my car for well over 20k miles. Not a single issue to report on my end.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That's kind of what I've been feeling. My OEM mount didn't do that. Also, one of the holes on the 034 trans mount that is for a battery tray fastener is mislocated, so the fastener cannot actually pass through it. Not a big deal, but how difficult can it be to properly locate a hole?

I don't want excessive vibrations, I already have a little from the lower and upper dogbone inserts. I'm thinking of going with BFI stage 1. What'ya think?

You might notice a slight increase in NVH, being mostly N (noise) but sounding a little more like a Subaru in the cabin is well worth buying an American made, high quality, and most importantly great performing product

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You might notice a slight increase in NVH, being mostly N (noise) but sounding a little more like a Subaru in the cabin is well worth buying an American made, high quality, and most importantly great performing product

Noise is one thing i don't mind. These cars are not that quiet to begin with, i got used to the additional noise.