GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ecutek

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna have to look into this for sure. 4200 includes what?
Turbo, lines, charge pipe on ds with dv relocate, intake is all the kit comes with

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
It all just depends on how good of a map definition file you have your hands on. A fair amount of them will literally just be piles of unnamed 2d and 3d maps where you get to choose your own adventure. Or the ones that are named will be in German (often abbreviated), so you end up having to do a lot of translation/fact checking. That said, if you're into German car electronic tinkering, thats nothing new :) Often times (again, depends on the map definition) the scalars will be non-nonsensical.

If you're someone who hasn't lived it for a long time, it can be a little daunting. WinOLS itself is really more of a framework (like Tunerpro). I am not exaggerating to say that on these modern ECM's its not uncommon to have hundreds and hundreds of maps.

^^ Example of what I mean.
I'd considered winOLS and doing some self tuning, but there are certain things where it makes more sense to pay an expert. If cobb did flex fuel and rolling antilag, it'd be a no brainer. I'd just have Ed tune it. Probably going to see if he'll tune it via ecutek anyway.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
So has anyone heard anything recently about Ecutek for the GTI? I know they rolled out MPI recently for the '19 cars, but anything else?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Dude from ecutek said they're aiming for before end of year for racerom features. Also reiterated they're the same company now, as far as feature timeline vs. cobb.

1597261906169.png

TitanDarin

Car(s)
17 S3
We are an ecutek dealer and ive been tuning my personal S3 with it. It can do everything needed for any stage 1/2/3 car. Once racerom comes out with flex fuel, rolling antilag, map switching, etc it will be the best option available other than syvecs. Ecutek has been really focusing on the toyota/bmw B58 platform so the VW stuff has been a little slower in getting developed.

Ive also been talking with HP tuners and am currently testing their DSG software. The ecm software is still missing a lot of tables but they are working on it. So that will be a good option for those people that want the option of self tuning.

I have my S3 making 432/414 on pump gas right now, and will be doing an e85 tune on it shortly.

If anyone has Ecutek questions or any questions at all let me know, i am happy to share what ive learned about these cars. I am fairly new to Vw/Audi but ive been tuning fuel injection on many different platforms for over 15 years. I work for Titan Motorsports in Orlando, we are mostly known for supras but we work on many other platforms and we will be offering custom ecutek tuning for vw/audi 8V cars soon.

Thanks,
Darin

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
We are an ecutek dealer and ive been tuning my personal S3 with it. It can do everything needed for any stage 1/2/3 car. Once racerom comes out with flex fuel, rolling antilag, map switching, etc it will be the best option available other than syvecs. Ecutek has been really focusing on the toyota/bmw B58 platform so the VW stuff has been a little slower in getting developed.

Ive also been talking with HP tuners and am currently testing their DSG software. The ecm software is still missing a lot of tables but they are working on it. So that will be a good option for those people that want the option of self tuning.

I have my S3 making 432/414 on pump gas right now, and will be doing an e85 tune on it shortly.

If anyone has Ecutek questions or any questions at all let me know, i am happy to share what ive learned about these cars. I am fairly new to Vw/Audi but ive been tuning fuel injection on many different platforms for over 15 years. I work for Titan Motorsports in Orlando, we are mostly known for supras but we work on many other platforms and we will be offering custom ecutek tuning for vw/audi 8V cars soon.

Thanks,
Darin

432/414 on what setup?

Definitely looking forward to RaceRom release.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Thanks,
Darin

Welcome to the forum. Great first post.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Thanks,
Darin

Do you know if Ecutek can overwrite Unitronic tune? I am FBO UNitronic stage 2, but looking for no lift shift and 2 step/launch control. Six speed car. I heard that Unitronic has advanced features that enable this if you purchase the dongle (which gives you access to the software to enable these 2 features). I can't find anywhere that confirms this though, so the dongle is $150 gamble to get me where I want before I go IS38 Hybrid.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S

Thanks,
Darin
What do you consider S3?

TitanDarin

Car(s)
17 S3
432/414 on what setup?

Definitely looking forward to RaceRom release.

Intercooler, inlet, downpipe. Lpfp, 925cc MPI. Stock resonator and muffler, stock airbox. Mabo M520h turbo, which ive been real happy with. It flows great and i can honestly not tell much difference in spool over the stock is38. Very happy with it for a bolt on turbo. I was looking for 450 on pump gas and i believe it will do that once ambient temps arent 95+ deg. It is too octane limited to push any more power in this heat. Once i have time to tune it on E85 i think it will crack 500hp pretty easily.

I see people have a lot of issues with the lpfp. I'm running a walbro 535 lpfp with stock fp controller. Limited to 83% duty and no issues driving it every day now for a few months. The 535 pump has similar amp draw to the 450 but flows a good bit more. I see a lot of people run the 525 which is just an overdriven 450 and has higher amp draw. This is not a good choice if you are on the stock fp controller.

Do you know if Ecutek can overwrite Unitronic tune? I am FBO UNitronic stage 2, but looking for no lift shift and 2 step/launch control. Six speed car. I heard that Unitronic has advanced features that enable this if you purchase the dongle (which gives you access to the software to enable these 2 features). I can't find anywhere that confirms this though, so the dongle is $150 gamble to get me where I want before I go IS38 Hybrid.

With unitronic i dont know, you would have to try it. I was using eurodyne for a bit and tried flashing over it with ecutek and ecutek would not recognize the ecu until i flashed back to stock with eurodyne. Ecutek will definitely have those features when racerom is released but does not have no lift shift currently.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Intercooler, inlet, downpipe. Lpfp, 925cc MPI. Stock resonator and muffler, stock airbox. Mabo M520h turbo, which ive been real happy with. It flows great and i can honestly not tell much difference in spool over the stock is38. Very happy with it for a bolt on turbo. I was looking for 450 on pump gas and i believe it will do that once ambient temps arent 95+ deg. It is too octane limited to push any more power in this heat. Once i have time to tune it on E85 i think it will crack 500hp pretty easily.

I see people have a lot of issues with the lpfp. I'm running a walbro 535 lpfp with stock fp controller. Limited to 83% duty and no issues driving it every day now for a few months. The 535 pump has similar amp draw to the 450 but flows a good bit more. I see a lot of people run the 525 which is just an overdriven 450 and has higher amp draw. This is not a good choice if you are on the stock fp controller.

With unitronic i dont know, you would have to try it. I was using eurodyne for a bit and tried flashing over it with ecutek and ecutek would not recognize the ecu until i flashed back to stock with eurodyne. Ecutek will definitely have those features when racerom is released but does not have no lift shift currently.

Good info, that tells me I need to go ahead and get the dongle from Unitronic so that I can enable what they offer until the racerom is out. Also good info on the Walbro 535. I was torn between the 525 and 535, now I know the 535 is the way to go. Please update when the racerom is available. Do you think my car would be driveable if I get the turbo on with my current tune ?, or would I have to trailer it? Orlando would be quite the haul, but I will do it if I have to.