GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Don't race an M4, not even once

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Me, Stage 2 GIAC, Intake and Exhaust VS 2016 BMW M4 DCT JB4 Map 1

He let me drive it and I hit the speed limiter at 164mph, guess JB4 does not disable limiter?

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Hung in there, for a little bit, or was he toying with you?

M4 engine sounds spectacular. Amazing road too. Our lakes in CA don't have water in them. LOL

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Yea, 425hp and 407 ft-lbs of torque will do that. Cool video thanks for posting.

I pulled up to a S63; I got a good look at his rear, it happens. However, it is in a whole other league at 577 hp and $161K.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
More than 425hp, he is tuned. He has the Dinan stage 3 kit coming. I've had a bolt on and tune E55 AMG so yeah I know what those AMG cars can do. Denoed mine at 617whp

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'd be curious if an IS38 could hang but I doubt it. Burger lists 479whp/485wtq on their stage one...

Phosky

Passed Driver's Ed
It shouldn't take much more power to put in work on that JB4 M4, but it'll probably require a different turbo. I think APR has a forthcoming BW solution that should do the trick (ie. 500whp+). How much power can these Mk7 motors handle before you have to open it up?

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I just pulled an M5 tuned a few hours ago.
M4 should be easier.
M5 was also tune at over 500whp
he did start fighting back after 140MPH

Last edited:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
It shouldn't take much more power to put in work on that JB4 M4, but it'll probably require a different turbo. I think APR has a forthcoming BW solution that should do the trick (ie. 500whp+). How much power can these Mk7 motors handle before you have to open it up?

Well APR said they tried to blow up their motor and couldn't, so I'm assuming it's stronger than any of our big turbo options can put out right now

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
I just pulled an M5 tuned a few hours ago.
M4 should be easier.
M5 was also tune at over 500whp
he did start fighting back after 140MPH

Well a couple of things to note, out of all of our races this one was the worst for me. But the only one on Camera. Either way after 110mph ish its game over for me, the M4 just has too much top end. Also JB4 M4's are running 460-490whp and are much lighter than the M5, so I actually would put money on this M4 being faster than the M5 you raced. Secondly, my car is not gutted and I have a total of 3 mods. So It's not like I am maxed out. Not making excuses, I would have lost either way. IS38 probably could have hung longer but lets be realistic, the M4 is only 300lbs heavier, has a better transmission and is more aerodynamic, its going to take something bigger than an IS38 to hang with a JB4 M4. What is really interesting is he just dropped $38k on a Dinan stage 3 package that the dealer is going to install when all the parts arrive, so you guys will get videos of that as well. As soon as GIAC released IS38 software I will go IS38 and compare again with the M4.

I think on the 13th we are going back out and he will run the stock map so I can see what I would do against him stock.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
@WOLF you're also much lighter than most of us. I'm more talking about us full interior people haha

Phosky

Passed Driver's Ed
@WOLF you're also much lighter than most of us. I'm more talking about us full interior people haha
Roll races becomes less about power-to-weight and more about aero+power the faster you go.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the new M3/4 are quick as hell. You actually hung in very well considering your mods!

I'd be curious if an IS38 could hang but I doubt it. Burger lists 479whp/485wtq on their stage one...

I ran a JB4 tuned M4 a couple months back, dead even for the most part...I barley inched out on him from 50-120MPH. That was the closest race I have had yet.