GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The hybrid puck has a much longer sleeve. I cut about half of the slimmer portion.
ah I see, yeah it’s weird so much was needed to be cut off, and the angle changed so much. I wonder how different the
3 application arms they make are and if they sent you a dif. one.

Honestly in diggs fashion - I say send it ! on a hard launch and it will form fit you your car

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I had to modify my powerflex to accommodate the ECS dogbone and 034 insert.

Attachments

• 39359845-7214-4EEC-8199-9B69BACEC95D.jpeg
    39359845-7214-4EEC-8199-9B69BACEC95D.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 65
  • C490C801-7D7C-499B-97D0-62371C6DF0B4.jpeg
    C490C801-7D7C-499B-97D0-62371C6DF0B4.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 67
  • A7C7BDBA-C2EA-4E47-A722-4AB493CFD82E.jpeg
    A7C7BDBA-C2EA-4E47-A722-4AB493CFD82E.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 71

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I was going to take a video and be like LOOK. But it all fit together nicely???? I can tell the new puck is a different formulation. It feels a little less stiff too.

And the drive. Oh it drives wonderfully. chefs kiss*

The center console shaking at low speed takeoff is gone. AC vibes are less harsh (it's in the 70s so I could test it). 100% black magic. It feels great.

Totally my fault on the last install fuckup. But I also think Poweflex made a less stiff puck than what I put in 4 years ago. PITA to get out BTW.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ali DSG accessorizing. Fitment is meh. The DSG leather center piece isn't glued down very well so it catches on the red stripes when you try to snap it in. I had to shimmy the leather back down after inserting. Also, you gotta break your existing side pieces to get them off. 1 peg is impossible to get to. Looks like someone needs to vacuum too.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ali DSG accessorizing. Fitment is meh. The DSG leather center piece isn't glued down very well so it catches on the red stripes when you try to snap it in. I had to shimmy the leather back down after inserting. Also, you gotta break your existing side pieces to get them off. 1 peg is impossible to get to. Looks like someone needs to vacuum too.

It's not impossible. I had to take them off on my GTI to reinstall the stock shift knob when I put it back stock.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help you now, sorry. But if anyone reads this in the future, it can be done 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How did you get to the lower forward most peg?

I don't remember to be honest, it was over a year ago I took it apart. I just remember I didn't have to break anything, and when I put it back on about a month ago to trade the car in, it went on fine.

Let me take a look at the one from the R and see if I can replicate what I did. It'll have to be taken apart eventually to get out back on regardless.

I am taking these apart with them off the car, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ah yes off the car probably helps.

Yeah. Once you take it off to put on a complete replacement knob, you have to take it apart fully to get it to go back on. I'm sure that does help get the sides off without breaking them.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ah yes off the car probably helps.

Yeah. Much different story off the car. You can remove that lower silver trim piece, which allows you to have easy access to all the clips that hold it on.

1646493870981.png

1646493973248.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Unless you specifically wanted the red strip trim, do you want my plain silver side pieces? You can pop out the leather inserts on the side.

Free, don't even have to give me anything for shipping. All I'd ask is if you could send me back your Chinese ones at some point, that way I have something to put back on the car when I go to trade it in in a couple of years.

1646494620382.png

1646494650283.png

galavanter13

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So I was going to take a video and be like LOOK. But it all fit together nicely???? I can tell the new puck is a different formulation. It feels a little less stiff too.

And the drive. Oh it drives wonderfully. chefs kiss*

The center console shaking at low speed takeoff is gone. AC vibes are less harsh (it's in the 70s so I could test it). 100% black magic. It feels great.

Totally my fault on the last install fuckup. But I also think Poweflex made a less stiff puck than what I put in 4 years ago. PITA to get out BTW.
So just to be sure you have a new powerflex hybrid and the Roc Euro arm on at this time?