Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
How many miles are on the powerflex? Looks like it's still brand new

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Drove it a bit more today. There are some odd vibrations here and there that weren't there before. Also I didn't like the amount of hacking of the powerflex I had to do. I am unsure how everyone else got this to work because either my car is weird or my changing out my motor/tranny mounts twice has got my motor and tranny in a different position than stock. The bar sort of sits at an angle. Maybe that is normal? Anywho, I ordered a new puck so I get to enjoy breaking that in again...yay. Going back to the stock arm. Roc Euro will be up for sale in a few weeks once I get it out.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Drove it a bit more today. There are some odd vibrations here and there that weren't there before. Also I didn't like the amount of hacking of the powerflex I had to do. I am unsure how everyone else got this to work because either my car is weird or my changing out my motor/tranny mounts twice has got my motor and tranny in a different position than stock. Anywho, I ordered a new puck so I get to enjoy breaking that in again...yay. Going back to the stock arm. Roc Euro will be up for sale in a few weeks once I get it out.
yeah, mines un-modified to fit them together.

when I first installed the hybrid I switched back to the stock arm cause the material thickness prevented the big washer form being super tight, but after a few k miles i wanted to give it a shot again and while that big washer its squish tight on the yellow bushing its cause no issues for the last 5 to 6 months of daily driving it.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
yeah, mines un-modified to fit them together.

when I first installed the hybrid I switched back to the stock arm cause the material thickness prevented the big washer form being super tight, but after a few k miles i wanted to give it a shot again and while that big washer its squish tight on the yellow bushing its cause no issues for the last 5 to 6 months of daily driving it.
When I was test fitting it if I put the arm into the dogbone the very front of the arm at the front small bolt would not lay flat. But looking at it now I can see it isn't even contacting the puck anymore after torqueing down, which means that I've had to bend the arm upwards. This is giving me uncomfortable thoughts. Just going to go back to the OEM arm.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Even looking at it now, if I hadn't hacked some puck it wouldn't even be contacting the puck anyways. I wonder if that's why it feels better to some people because it is no longer contacting the puck at all?
it doesn't need to be touch the front end of the puck, then it wouldn't be letting the design of the upper and lower puck even work as an isolator/ bushing.

taking out the roc arm from the equation - the top and lower puck have the center metal points that should sandwich the arm only and then the rubber all around those centers is the damper. if the arms touching all of that surrounding damper it's just started working against that design.

how much of the black metal center piece did you actually cut?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thispicture te
it doesn't need to be touch the front end of the puck, then it wouldn't be letting the design of the upper and lower puck even work as an isolator/ bushing.

taking out the roc arm from the equation - the top and lower puck have the center metal points that should sandwich the arm only and then the rubber all around those centers is the damper. if the arms touching all of that surrounding damper it's just started working against that design.

how much of the black metal center piece did you actually cut?

1/2" probably

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
2630232C-2AC5-4DED-90EA-AAFE74E976B8.jpeg

I’m a little confused, you cut the metal insert sleeve in this picture down 1/2”

And it still had the Flange for the washer and the smaller hole and flange for the bolt.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
As far as it bending I understand how that’s concerning but the even said it meant to flex. Which sounds odd at first but lots of metal is metal bars on cars are designed to flex, sway bars, torsion bars, Leaf spings lol.

When envisioning what happens when a fwd car wheel hops I see it flexing and “loading up” as a good thing. Also when looking at this illustration to would go against arms with spherical bushing as being an aid in preventing hop.

F8609E3B-C54B-4451-BA0A-B72A81A265E9.jpeg