GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Too small. :poop:

Nah, not swapping turbos unless this one finally blows. I'd need to go RS3 LPFP too because anything bigger I'd have to run less ethanol. So that's more $$$ too. Then it's just a matter of time until rodney exits.
Well shit… is your 535 looking close to maxed out now? Your setup still needs a pm4 to give the pump full duty right?

I already have a pm4 purchased but I wonder if I should be bitting the bullet and getting a full drop in/controller setup for future proof - I gain lots of headroom with meth but I don’t want to be in that’s risk Window I relying on that.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Do you have enough control to dial down blap volume, blap duration, and quantity of the blaps? I feel like it could sound cool somewhere between this and zero blappyness

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Blap volume
This<---------------------------------|---------------------------------------------->Zero

Blap duration
This<------------------------------------------------------|------------------------>Zero

Blap quantity
This<------------------------------------------------------|------------------------>Zero

Just gotta adjust those sliders and you'll be in the money 😅

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I want.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Snapchat-201800466.jpg

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Do you have enough control to dial down blap volume, blap duration, and quantity of the blaps? I feel like it could sound cool somewhere between this and zero blappyness
Better? I set to -15 degrees retard. Previous was -28. Still horrible but not as bad. Gonna try -10 next see if I can just get it to burble.

I was bored.

https://flic.kr/p/2oL9YbV

Last edited:

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Cool. Quite a bit better than before, but still a lot of room for improvement. The light rev at 0:18 sounds pretty good, and would sound better if the blaps were a little lower in volume. The medium rev at 0:20 - the blaps way overpower the burbles. If harder revving like at 0:25 blapped somewhat like the rev at 0:20, and medium revving like 0:20 just burbled, it'd approach something worthwhile. The blaps this engine wants to make sound kinda like rocks in a coffee can, at least from videos I've watched. However, the burbles can sound pretty cool. Making these engines sound truly amazing is a fool's errand IMO but I think there's a worthy balance to be struck

Last edited: