GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Z26 pads and drilled and slotted front rotors ordered! Yes, I know about cracking and other issues with drilled and slotted rotors but this is a daily only and I wanted the looks lol.
Agreed, they looks good, haha. Had drilled with my 6 pots. Now drilled/slotted with the 4 pots, with a larger rotor... 330mm to 345mm.
IMG_20210124_140010.jpgIMG_20210125_230233.jpgIMG_20210131_161803.jpg

StefanV

I would like to get this upgrade on my mk5 Edition 30, since I find the brakes completely underwhelming.
Does anyone know if there is any chance to fit these calipers behind Pescara aka Rockingham aka BBS CH wheels? ET 51 for the stock ones or ET 44 for CH or ET 43 for CH like looking S4 wheels.
Are macan calipers the same as A7/RS7/Q5/SQ5 ones? 95B615123F = 8R0615107H ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I would like to get this upgrade on my mk5 Edition 30, since I find the brakes completely underwhelming.
Does anyone know if there is any chance to fit these calipers behind Pescara aka Rockingham aka BBS CH wheels? ET 51 for the stock ones or ET 44 for CH or ET 43 for CH like looking S4 wheels.
Are macan calipers the same as A7/RS7/Q5/SQ5 ones? 95B615123F = 8R0615107H ?
Couldn't tell you which BBS fit, but they are the same as the Audi Q5, except less expensive.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Requesting your valued opinion. Would these be a great street/track pad, or should I look elsewhere? I believe the Macan calipers work perfect with the previous gen Subaru STI pad options per Vortex forum.
FB08A78C-CA99-44E3-A06F-D36387744158.jpeg

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Looks like these guys installed Macan calipers on their Golf R. Unfortunately, no reviews from their track experience yet.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Requesting your valued opinion. Would these be a great street/track pad, or should I look elsewhere? I believe the Macan calipers work perfect with the previous gen Subaru STI pad options per Vortex forum.View attachment 202304
HP Plus are a good pad. I've used them in the past in my Corrado. They are not a track pad and they are noisy on the street. I used them because I was living in Southern Italy in the 90's and the police didn't bother to enforce speed limits, so it was like being on the Autobahn, except 3 wheeled 250cc farm vehicles would pull right in front of you. They did great with repeated 120 to 30 mph stops. Did great on the Amafi coast, trying to keep up with sport bikes.

I haven't run them since though. Too noisy for me.

And part of doing a setup like this is being about to swap to an actual track pad for track days. So why compromise?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Looks like these guys installed Macan calipers on their Golf R. Unfortunately, no reviews from their track experience yet.

Well I don’t know how much ya trust us but several of us have been tracking with these for a year with mostly positive results. One person did have fairly uneven pad wear (likely due to these being mounted “backwards” compared to the OEM Porsche style.

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Well I don’t know how much ya trust us but several of us have been tracking with these for a year with mostly positive results. One person did have fairly uneven pad wear (likely due to these being mounted “backwards” compared to the OEM Porsche style.
I definitely trust you guys considering I spent the last few days reading through this thread and the older ones. For me, it's just a matter if I should just stick with the stock Golf R setup w/ upgraded pads or go all the way since I'm due for new rotors/pads anyways.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I definitely trust you guys considering I spent the last few days reading through this thread and the older ones. For me, it's just a matter if I should just stick with the stock Golf R setup w/ upgraded pads or go all the way since I'm due for new rotors/pads anyways.
How much do you track?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not much now, but eventually see myself doing one or two a year.

I spend a lot more time on spirited drives along my favorite stretch of roads around the sac/Bay Area region of NorCal.
Then keep the PP, get RS3 ducts, RBF660, 340mm blanks and some DS2500's from FCPeuro.

They offer lifetime warranty on all the parts. Box up and send them back.

I wouldn't do this upgrade for a couple track days a year using street tires.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What about no track days per ever with all seasons? :unsure:
Only 2 reasons to do this, you want a little bling or you track, don't want to spend 2000 on a BBK, and like to fiddle around with your car.