GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
50818889708_fbed040709_k.jpg

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hmm. One respite may be with the 17s and 245/40s the tire is about 18mm shorter. There’s a guy on here who runs the Advantis, I’ll have to reach out to him.
6480C145-C541-4062-B747-821D747EBEC6.png

423D50A4-072D-441A-8AC4-AEEABCABF373.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
i have the same camber -2.4 and had 235/40 up front and it rubbed especially on the highway. I didn't want to raise my car, so that was a no go
How low is you car? NM, just saw the pic, you're a lot lower than I am.

Overcast

Car(s)
mk7 GLI
@GTIfan99 Thanks for putting all this together, bro! Just a minor correction, the EvoV - EvoIX brake size is 320 mm (https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=488545) .

Can anyone tell me why the 345 mm rotor has the same brake pads as a 320 mm rotor? Aside from heat, isn't the braking swept area the same for the same pad, resulting in roughly the same braking force for the first stop?

Also, any painting suggestions? I'm not sure I want to be driving around with "Porsche" on my calipers :D

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That wasn't the point of the question ;)
You'll feel no difference in normal driving. I own both a non-PP GTI and PP, now with Macan front calipers. With RE71R's, with 3 drivers doing 6 autocross runs back to back, zero difference.

Every modern car with ESC has dynamic brake balancing.

This is my non-pp on RE71R's at FIRM, trail braking into the bus stop. No lack of braking power, which is mostly dictated by the tires, until you overheat the pads, rotors or fluid.

GS 26-8.jpg

Overcast

Car(s)
mk7 GLI
You'll feel no difference in normal driving. I own both a non-PP GTI and PP, now with Macan front calipers. With RE71R's, with 3 drivers doing 6 autocross runs back to back, zero difference.

Every modern car with ESC has dynamic brake balancing.

Thanks, good to know. I was wondering if I would pull more negative G's at the track with the same pad size and I guess not. As you mentioned, feel and modulation would improve tons over stock. I'm not too impressed with the VW dynamic brake balancing / EBD so far.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Is there solid info on which seals/boot size is correct? OP still lists the 42mm boot/seal kit from racingbrake, but several other posts indicate 45mm is correct.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yay, they fit! Unfortunately the lug holes are tiny so I couldn't put my lug nuts on, and Tire Rack gave me lug bolts (going to call them and ask if I can exchange for nuts). All the pics are with me awkwardly pressing the wheel flat to the hub.

Barrel fitment is pretty close, but more than the Hypergrams, and spoke clearance is huge, even with 0 spacer.

Did you ever find a solution for the nuts not fitting? Tempted to pick these up since they’re so damn cheap but kinda useless if I can’t put the damn lug nuts on lol. I have studs same as you.