GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
is that the 340mm discs??….pads/discs overlap?...…square sidewall..17inch rims???...can't tell

345mm. Fit perfect.17 x 8.5 +45 RSe16 245/40 17 RE71R.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
345mm. Fit perfect.17 x 8.5 +45 RSe16 245/40 17 RE71R.

So the bigger disc also & beneath a 17" rim....

Christ that makes it a perfect NSQBBK...& better than many of the bigger 4 pot BBKs as you can get light weight two piece discs for that setup!...

Just need to OEM sort the splash shield out...anybody tried either the MK6 Golf R or Porsche Macan splash shields??

Unfortunately I can't justify that setup on my lowly 1.4!!..

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
So what are you guys solutions for dust shields? Modifying the stock ones or using something else? That’s the only thing I’m still unsure about with this upgrade. Looks killer otherwise, especially on those ampliforms.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Pretty sure GTIfan99 answered you before.

16 gauge tin snips and a metal file will make quick work of those pesky heat shields ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I picked up a set up free non-PP heat shields to cut up and just cover the abs sensor and other heat sensitive items, but allow direct airflow from the GT3 deflectors.

I'll post a template for the finished product.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
@GTIfan99 was talking to someone from the mk7 group and they were trying to find a set of pads that still use the pad sensors. Made me realise it might be something to add to the first post?

I remembered that you can run the Q5 TDI (3.0L) OEM pads if someone were to want to retain some OEM functionality of the wear sensors. A bit cheaper than running Porsche OEM pads. They're the same caliper anyway.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-brake-pad-set-akebono-8r0698151l
Obviously, you can run the 8j TTRS pads as well, but those might be harder to source/more expensive

Also, if your pads have the slot for the wear sensor, you could try fitting one of these Porsche Brake Pad Wear Sensors (which seem to use the same connector as our VWs):

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/porsche-brake-pad-wear-sensor-sebro-95b907253a
Ymmv as I have not tested the sensor myself.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Right, so what about the dust shields??

I’m kidding, a template or photo would be great through. I have a tendency to somehow mess up every mod I attempt, so I’d really like to get this one right.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Right, so what about the dust shields??

I’m kidding, a template or photo would be great through. I have a tendency to somehow mess up every mod I attempt, so I’d really like to get this one right.

That's half the fun. Breaking shit and spending more money to fix it. ?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I love how this has all snowballed into a complete, affordable solution. Thanks nono0044 for getting the party started.

Honestly, carbonfold kicked the whole thing off by bringing up the Macan option in the first place on that Cayenne/Q7 thread. I also had some help from a facebook user in the UK regarding the brake lines, as the upgrade seems to have been done a lot more across the pond.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
1580932752655.png

Full info regarding that group buy I mentioned. We're finding out if there's further discounting after the 5 person minimum threshold.

If you're looking to use the Macan calipers to track, these would be a great option.

**EDIT: Group buy closed. We got our MOQ and don't want to manage a massive GB. If it goes well we may do this again. Feel free to email MTECH and set up your own GB if you want.

Last edited:

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-m...aliper-hi-temp-dust-boots-pressure-seals.html
For those who track their cars. Might be a good idea to pick up a set of high temp piston seals.

Just a quick +1 for this. My OE Brembo seals melted after 7 track days last year. These high temp ones will save you. Plus, the guys that sell them (Ohio Performance Solutions) are just a group of 4 track addicted buddies that decided to start this little company to help them and other addicts put high quality brake seals on their cars at a REAL GOOD price.