GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
How is PORSCHE applied to the caliper? Paint? Etched?

I'd like to paint these gloss black and wonder how easy it would be to cover up the lettering.

The logo is just paint. See post 3, GTIFan99 made his up like the performance package for the ultimate sleeper swap. If you're curious how the oe finish holds up, judge for yourself below. Pictured is a 2015 or 2016 base Macan in an area with mild winters and limited salt usage
IMG_20200113_114243~2.jpg

I was looking back in the TTS v Macan thread and you contributed too, so I added you to the credits in the first post.

Collaboration is saving us time and money, thanks for letting me help!

rexneffect

Ready to race!
Yes, we all noticed. The brake lines wouldn't fit if you didn't. Since all the pistons are the same size, it doesn't matter.
Probably no big deal, but I think the pistons are slightly offset to one side of the caliper and are directional. I only saw this in photos - so Just something to keep in mind.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Probably no big deal, but I think the pistons are slightly offset to one side of the caliper and are directional. I only saw this in photos - so Just something to keep in mind.

I'm definitely going to be watching wear, but if they're offset, it isn't visible to the naked eye. Next time I'm under there I'll verify.

These 2 piece calipers are used on so many applications, I doubt they're offset.

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
This is probably a silly question, but does the gti spare tire clear these?
This is one things I have not checked since a spare tire is only supposed to be used on the rear. When on the front it has a higher impact on handling and braking distance

At the same time swapping two wheels for safety requires more time standing on the side of the road trying not to get hit. AAA or a full size spare if you have the room

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I also carry a can of fix a flat.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I guess I didn't think about just swapping a rear tire to the front, and then the spare to the rear. Thanks!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Found myself a cheap pair of barely used ECS Rotors 345X30 from the MK6 Golf R perfect fitment

That looks fantastic. I'd love to find 2 piece rotors with blanks for track and street.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Good question and it was discussed post #51 in the other thread. Consensus is all pistons are the same size and they are not offset. Also offset pistons of the same size should be fine

I'll be measuring and reporting on pad wear ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the country of origin for the Zimmerman rotors?

Zimmermann manufacturers brake components in Sinsheim, Germany.

Last edited: