GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I went to the manufacturers website for pads, and used the Mustang GT Boss 302 to lookup part #s. I'd figure out the pad compound you want first, get the model from the manufacturer, and then search for that part. I ended up with Fedora DS2500s.

I'd probably jump on those Project Mu pads from a few pages back.
You bought a hat? 😝 Ferodo

And yeah people, with all the information on the first page, it'll get you started and ready to order parts. I used the STI/Evo as my base for pad selections. I went StopTech Sport all around.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've seen iphones used as brake pads, but not Fedoras. I'm waiting for the video. lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Tough crowd. I follow the first post and still y'all find something to bitch about :)

We're just kidding. This thread needed some humor after the string of WiLl ThIs RoToR nO oNe HaS eVeN mEnTiOnEd FiT.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Dropped off the calipers to be powder coated this morning, getting closer.

What kind of price were you quoted? I am hearing $300 in my neck of the woods.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What kind of price were you quoted? I am hearing $300 in my neck of the woods.

$120 from a couple of shops around here. I had to completely disassemble the calipers but that was rather easy to be honest.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Got my lines from Techna Fit a few days ago. $60 shipped, really fast, easy process. I'll probably buy the calipers from Sunset Porsche.

For pads it's best to use the STi/EVO fitment as there are TONS of pad choices available for those cars. Just pick the ones you want and buy them.

Just in case you didn't read the first post of the thread, buy Mk6 R rotors too, lol!

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Dropped off the calipers to be powder coated this morning, getting closer.
Powder coating has got to be better than G3. Last set of calipers I did on my bike are chipping badly despite very detailed prep according to their recommendations.
What are you using for masking?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Powder coating has got to be better than G3. Last set of calipers I did on my bike are chipping badly despite very detailed prep according to their recommendations.
What are you using for masking?

That's all them, only thing they got was calipers, no bleeders or lines are attached. They know to mask the threads and the piston ports as they do a lot of car parts.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Would the Macans fit with my wheels? Don't have additional measurements yet.

PP calipers currently installed. That's my medium sized index finger in there.

Attachments

• 20200618_190036.jpg
    20200618_190036.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 143
  • 20200618_190050.jpg
    20200618_190050.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
  • 20200618_190124.jpg
    20200618_190124.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 151

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
On the 1st page there is a template you can print to check wheel fitment.