GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE
Yeah definitely going to bleed them next week. Didn't have time today to go everything after the track day with it being Fathers Day and all. Going to generate some heat in the braking system again and try to bleed them, hopefully don't burn my hands. I've always bled them relatively cool, so maybe that's my problem?

I'm definitely going to grab the Ti plates soon. Going to check the condition of the piston boots as well to see if I should just jump to all the high temp stuff.

Lol they sure were. Honestly, not too upset as they weren't ever going to be just for show. Like I said, they're a nice Merlot now :p

Did you ever try fitting stock Austins with those calipers? I would still like to use mine for winters..

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Did you ever try fitting stock Austins with those calipers? I would still like to use mine for winters..
I don't own a set of Austins as I have an R. I'm sure someone else in this thread can help you out instead.

I'm going to guess no as the face/spokes of the wheel are pretty flat and the offset is pretty low.

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE
I don't own a set of Austins as I have an R. I'm sure someone else in this thread can help you out instead.

I'm going to guess no as the face/spokes of the wheel are pretty flat and the offset is pretty low.
my bad, i has assumed you had a gti. ty

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Anyone try these with FC04 17x8? They seem to have a fair amount of room around the stock caliper.

I’m going to print out the guide and try it out as well but figured I’d ask just in case.

I'm curious about this too, but I'm more worried about the barrel clearance, I have only a small clearance for wheel weights. Look like you and nono have your location listed as Toronto, maybe you guys could do a test fit?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I'm curious about this too, but I'm more worried about the barrel clearance, I have only a small clearance for wheel weights. Look like you and nono have your location listed as Toronto, maybe you guys could do a test fit?
Think the first post discusses that, about 20 mm spacer

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I think I found some pads. I used the Subie STi and found some Hawk's for about $150. Part# HB453F.585. Pads have all the features I am looking for. Found the stoptech sport pads as well, but I would rather have these.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think I found some pads. I used the Subie STi and found some Hawk's for about $150. Part# HB453F.585. Pads have all the features I am looking for. Found the stoptech sport pads as well, but I would rather have these.

Make sure they're for the 04 - 16 STI with 4 pot Brembos and not the later 6 pot Brembos.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Says 04-17 STi ?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
All good man, I got them on the way !

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
My 18x8.5 +43 Hypergrams look like they need a 8mm spacer to work.

Motegi MR145 18x8.5 +42 fit perfect without any spacers

Can you test fit the Hypergrams? I’m trading for a set the same spec but got worried that I would need to big of a spacer to clear. Someone mentioned 18mm! I can do 10mm at most...