GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Upgraded my rear brakes
IMG_0345.jpeg

with Porsche sticker 😬

qnutx

Car(s)
Touran 2.0tdi hln
Yes, sorry for not mentioning it, it's about the base macan rear calipers that look similar to front on mk7s, i tought about printing a 3d cover but there is no good enough way to make it look ok and stay in place.. i guess I'll leave alone the rear caliper 😂
Totally!

But, I think he might be asking about the 'base' Macan having caliper plates/covers similar to our fronts. Which would dress up the rears a little more, assuming aesthetics are all your after.

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/rear-brake-caliper-cover.170173/

^^based on that thread, they aren't available separately and you'd have to buy the whole caliper. Of course, this would assume the rear single piston calipers on the Macan are the same.....

Smooth Brain

Car(s)
EA888.3
I'm thinking of doing this brake upgrade and was looking at pads. The killerbrakes website lists DBA DB2228XP (09 VW Touareg - 15.6mm thickness) as the compatible brake pads for this, but I can't see that anyone has used this on this thread, at least from the search function. I know that the first post has a list of other cars that share the same pads but DBA either lists some of the cars as they don't make pads for them, or different pads compared to the ones killerbrakes listed on their site for this upgrade. The other option is to go for the 8J0698151K (TTRS 8J) variant but I can get the DBA ones for a decent discount. Does anyone know if the DBA DB2228XP's will actually work or not?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm thinking of doing this brake upgrade and was looking at pads. The killerbrakes website lists DBA DB2228XP (09 VW Touareg - 15.6mm thickness) as the compatible brake pads for this, but I can't see that anyone has used this on this thread, at least from the search function. I know that the first post has a list of other cars that share the same pads but DBA either lists some of the cars as they don't make pads for them, or different pads compared to the ones killerbrakes listed on their site for this upgrade. The other option is to go for the 8J0698151K (TTRS 8J) variant but I can get the DBA ones for a decent discount. Does anyone know if the DBA DB2228XP's will actually work or not?

If they fit the 8J TTRS calipers they should fit the macan calipers as well.

Smooth Brain

Car(s)
EA888.3
If they fit the 8J TTRS calipers they should fit the macan calipers as well.

That's the odd thing. DBA doens't list them or any of their front pads as compatible with the TTRS/RS3 of that generation. But for some reason killerbrakes decided that they were compatible as Audi RS3 8P/ TTRS 8J / Cupra 5F pads and are the pads they sell for the Macan kit. I can get them for €78 when they sell them for €192 so no idea if I should go for it lmao

scrllock

Autocross Champion
That's the odd thing. DBA doens't list them or any of their front pads as compatible with the TTRS/RS3 of that generation. But for some reason killerbrakes decided that they were compatible as Audi RS3 8P/ TTRS 8J / Cupra 5F pads and are the pads they sell for the Macan kit. I can get them for €78 when they sell them for €192 so no idea if I should go for it lmao
they list plenty of other cars that use the same shape, I wouldn't worry about it

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If it's the 1001 backing plate, you're good. It's used for so many cars, most listed in first post. There's probably more that we just don't know. It's a super common backing plate and caliper.

tasmak25

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.4 TSI
Hello from Athens, Greece.

I am in the process of doing the Macan BBK to my Golf 7 1.4 TSI.

Today i checked the clearance of my OZ Superturismo LM 7.5x17 ET35

and YES, it clears fine, no spacers needed.

So it would be nice to be added to the wheel fitment in the first page.

P.S The brake disc diameter in the picture is the 312mm, it will of course be replaced with the 345x30 once the Macan kit will be placed.

View attachment 20240222_103002.jpg

Last edited:

DjDvr

Car(s)
A3
Just curious , anybody else have a "sliding" feeling at 10 - 20% braking ?
Running DBA T3 with their street pads and it feels like at 10 - 20 % braking the pads are sliding on the disk , the car brakes but it's a weird feeling. At like 40+% they byte hard but at the slow speed low pressure it's like the pad is sliding.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Anyone else have issues with the DB-45HT silicone dust boots not seating on the outer dia? Cleaned really well, they just pop right out.

Video for reference:

The standard black rubber ones seem to fit fine. But these are only lasting about 6 months or so before drying up ans cracking, even with the RRG. Was really hoping silicone would get me through a year but cant get them to fit properly.

View attachment 290250

I have the exact same problem. They are expensive and don't fit.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Just going to come right out and say it, I didn't search this thread. I track my car about 6 times a year and use GiroDisc rotors with my Macan calipers. Best pads I can get that I don't have to swap out for track events, I can't stand bleeding my brakes repeatedly to get the air out :mad:. Dust is not an issue, but squealing rotors, or heavy rotor wear is a no go for me.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
have just put on oz racing leggera HLT
17 x 8 +35 fits easy without spacer
Nice. Yea 8 wide and 35 offset sits pretty flush. That is what my BBS' were and fitment was really good when I lowered it.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Question in terms of activating ABS when following the brake bleeding procedure in the first post.

How are people going about activating ABS?

Are they just driving up to a certain mph and slamming on the brakes or maybe go to a place where the ground is a bit loose and apply the brakes.

I did read some are activating during the bedding process so I guess my first option listed maybe the preferred way.

I did a TTRS caliper swap and also did rotors/pads/lines on the rear as well so I’m just doing some braking miles before I activate ABS and do a final (hopefully) bleed.