GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

SYMAWD

Car(s)
Audi A3
How is the pedal feel on your Macan calipers?
At first, not great, but I just drove around with an initial long travel (soft feel) until they really started to bite. Then I bled them again when I switched over to SRF for the track. At that point, I had really good feel with just the standard Macan pads. Now that I switched to the Carbotechs, initial bite doesn't feel great but I assume that's just because they don't have enough heat in them just from driving on the street and I suspect they will feel better on the track.

Overall I was able to get great pedal feel with good initial bite when running standard Brembo Macan pads.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't know who needs to hear this, but it looks like the 6 pots from the Macan GTS will fit with 375x36 from a Mercedes ml550. Same brake lines from what I can tell.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't know who needs to hear this, but I looks like the 6 pots from the Macan GTS will fit with 375x36 from a Mercedes ml550

Now that'd be an actual bbk. Think the stock mc would be enough for them?

Do you know if I can get OEM spec ones from a certified factory in China?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You don't think any 18" would work.

Be cool if we could get custom mounting brackets and use the mk8 r 357mm.

That would be amazing.
I don’t know, in those 19 on the post they really fill them out, the calipers design just seems physically massive even compared to my 6 pot st60s I have, and waaaaay bigger than my ttrs 4 pots on 275 rotors and those are pretty tight on many 18s

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Maybe we could come up with a bracket for the macan 4 pot to use the 357mm.

Or maybe we can get zhong zhong to make us 4 pots with the proper spacing to use the 357mm? @Acadia18 how good is your Chinese?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I ran 17Zs on my TDI. I had no issues with the brake pedal, keeping in mind all my car ever saw was semi-spirited driving in the canyons.

Obviously those fit under 17-in wheels but even with the BBK friendly RSE05s I needed 8 mm spacers. They are a massive caliper.

Don't know how they compare to what's being discussed right now, but if the design/size is similar you should get your get your spacers ready 🤣.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I found a similar, but not high retraction Brembo 4 pot kit. It's off the Skoda Octavia VRS or something like that.

https://freakyparts.co.uk/collectio...ucts/skoda-octavia-brembo-4-pot-big-brake-kit
GTIfan99, those are the Renault Megane RS MK4 Brembo's. I bought those for my R with 340mm rotors, they fit under my 17x8.5 Apex wheels (winter set), I'm going to mount them when I get home from working in NYC, probably next week.
IMG_8732.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
GTIfan99, those are the Renault Megane RS MK4 Brembo's. I bought those for my R with 340mm rotors, they fit under my 17x8.5 Apex wheels (winter set), I'm going to mount them when I get home from working in NYC, probably next week. View attachment 301942
Awesome, where did you source them?