GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB DSG tune

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'll be buying this . . . after someone else tries it first :) Want to be sure it actually makes a noticeable difference.

I don't care what difference the OTS tune makes. You don't buy Cobb for OTS tunes.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Exactly, I assume a few OTS tunes are included?

Yes, here are the OTS maps for the GTI:

COBB OEM+
Removes factory limitations in torque management. Shift delay in manual mode is removed.
COBB Sport
Removes factory limitations in torque management. Shift delay in manual mode is removed. Forced upshifts and downshifts in manual mode disabled. Sport mode shift points change, about 4-500rpm higher than stock. WOT shift points enhanced for is20 cars.
COBB Agressive v100
Removes factory limitations in torque management. Shift delay in manual mode is removed. Forced upshifts and downshifts in manual mode disabled. Aggressive shift points will maintain RPMS above 2k RPMS at most times to increase response. Sport mode remains in 5th until 5800+. WOT shift points optimized for peak power band use in tuned is20 cars.
COBB Agressive IS38 (only for use with MK7 GTI’s using an OEM IS38 Turbo)
Removes factory limitations in torque management. Shift delay in manual mode is removed. Forced upshifts and downshifts in manual mode disabled. Aggressive shift points will maintain RPMS above 2k RPMS at most times to increase response. Sport mode remains in 5th until 6200+. WOT shift points optimized specifically for tuned is38 cars.

Honestly dont see me needing a protune dsg map, I think the OTS ones will suite me perfectly fine. But we will see once we dive more into them. The Sport one looks to be what i will be using the vast majority of the time.

Last edited:

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Well, I bought the cobb and did a custom e-tune from MAPerformance, but I don't see any reason to get a pro-tune on the DSG. I will grab the DSG tune, but no spend another 400 on a custom tune from a tuner just for the DSG. Faster shift times,a nd different shift points in D will hopefully be enough for me.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Its so simple but other than clutch pressure being increased the other thing im most exited about is this:

On Dash Gear Indicator – A simple but highly requested feature. Flashing the DSG with an Accessport will add a transmission gear indicator to the center display on the dashboard for all drive modes.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Well, there goes $400.

Bye bye APR!

No point just yet since only available map is Cobb's OTS. Not sure if that would be an improvment over APRs. I think when protuned maps is available and depending on results that would be a good time to switch.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
No point just yet since only available map is Cobb's OTS. Not sure if that would be an improvment over APRs. I think when protuned maps is available and depending on results that would be a good time to switch.

I'm waiting to confirm with Stratified before purchase, but after that it's def happening.

I dont love the APR DSG tune.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
+1 Really want to hear how it drives. That OEM+ doesn't sound like it affects the shift points. The gear indicator will be nice.

Strat will be a while according to Marauder.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I'm waiting to confirm with Stratified before purchase, but after that it's def happening.

I dont love the APR DSG tune.

What do you not like on the APR DSG tune? APR sure gives a better marketing pitch. I know it's too soon to know what Stratified will offer as a comparison, but I'd still like to hear your APR impressions.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Just updated my AP today and BAM!! I just saw the DSG tune is finally available, I was literally just about to give up and get the APR DSG Tune...thank God i waited.

My ONLY QUESTION is.....

Does it get rid of the freaking step-down button?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Posted this in my fb group- Installed “Aggressive”. D is usable now, sport is usable now around town. In manual, RPM seem to be a bit higher in gear- for example, where I used to stay in 4th going 50 because 5th would kind lug and be between 1500-1800RPM, now it’s around 1800-2000, so I get better gas mileage.

Didn’t even think to test lockdown button, but I’m pretty sure it’s disabled, by Cobb’s description. Also, haven’t launched yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk