GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB DSG tune

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
It was actually faster than the initial ECU flash, and a little slower than subsequent re-flashes. Not long at all though. I use a battery charger every single time though, it’s just not worth the risk.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Which map are you using?

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Flashed it before leaving work. Went with the Aggressive tune because why not?

I'm running MAP Stage 2 OTS btw.

I couldn't use D at all previously because it would lug too much. With my stratified stage 1 tune, it was pretty bad trying to pass on the highway in D with the low engine speed.

Driving in S helped things a lot, but it didn't shift at the right times stock, so a trade off for sure.

Now with the Cobb DSG tune, both modes work well. D mode feels like S did before tune, except it shifts when I would expect it to.

S feels good too, but feels like it holds the revs longer than I would like on the street.

For cruising and daily driving, D is perfect now. Hard quick shifts on WOT also.

Manual shifting is nice, seems to be a tad bit quicker on upshifts, but downshifts are much more dramatic and quick. Feels closer to the PDK tranny in our cousin cars. Not as crisp, but much closer.

I don't know if I was getting DSG slippage before, I don't think so, but power output feels stronger. A little harder to describe unfortunately.

Gear indicator on the dash works for me, and is kinda neat.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It does what I expected it to do and I'm sure much more than I realize.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
So how did you upgrade the accesport? Do you just call them and order it? I keep looking on the site but don't see anywhere to add it to the cart. Also how big was the update for the firmware?

lambshot23

So how did you upgrade the accesport? Do you just call them and order it? I keep looking on the site but don't see anywhere to add it to the cart. Also how big was the update for the firmware?

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products...f-r-mk7-2015-2017-usdm-update-to-dsg-flashing

Contact COBB Customer Service via support@cobbtuning.com or (866)922-3059 to order. You will then receive an email with instructions to perform a custom firmware update using Accessport Manager.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I like my APR DSG Tune, because in manual I like auto down, but had them program out the auto up shift. None of the COBB OTS seems to allow auto down.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
It would be a little more reassuring to me if they gave more detail than just "Removes factory limitations in torque management."

How are they handling clamping pressure? Is it really just a matter of removing the OEM limits, and the system is smart enough to ramp pressure with torque to avoid slip? Or is all that programmed in with someone's judgement?

I'd like to understand better what a pro tune will offer as well. I assume that will allow you to customize shift points more to your liking, and turn auto up/downshifting on or off.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
It would be a little more reassuring to me if they gave more detail than just "Removes factory limitations in torque management."

How are they handling clamping pressure? Is it really just a matter of removing the OEM limits, and the system is smart enough to ramp pressure with torque to avoid slip? Or is all that programmed in with someone's judgement?

I'd like to understand better what a pro tune will offer as well. I assume that will allow you to customize shift points more to your liking, and turn auto up/downshifting on or off.
and if you have to pay for a DSG protune, then you're close to the same price as one of the other players