GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

McSpiffy

Car(s)
16 Golf Sportwagen
So..I received all the letters for my MK7s and 7.5s (GTIs and GLIs). Yes these are real. Every VIN except for my current 2021 GLI. Current VIN does not show up on the portal. Is the consensus that VW made a running change during 2021 MY? I am not losing any coolant at 5000 miles.
View attachment 252714
Thirteen envelopes (MK7s)? My neighbors think I run a VW dealership with four MK7s . . .

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I got my letter today. What are people doing if they replaced it themselves? I bought the parts and replaced it myself.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I got my letter today. What are people doing if they replaced it themselves? I bought the parts and replaced it myself.
Same. Receipts. And no, your time is going to get paid for here.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Got 3 letters so far. Waiting for 3 more. Luckily (unluckily) I haven’t had to replace any water pumps.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I just got my first letter... I had to replace it earlier this year actually, in March 2020 at 48,935mi.....

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I just got my first letter... I had to replace it earlier this year actually, in March 2020 at 48,935mi.....
Find that receipt and fill out the forms/send them in. I assume within 8 years/80K then?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
make up a receipt on your computer and print it out

ER Repairs

6 hrs @ $105

or something like that

I did it with an attic fan that had labor part of the wtty after it failed.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Got 3 letters so far. Waiting for 3 more. Luckily (unluckily) I haven’t had to replace any water pumps.
Eh. Would consider buying the parts and sending the receipts. No question they're faulty at this point.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Sending in my FCP Euro receipt from last year and photos of the new pump installed after wrestling with it for an hour or two. Shot in the dark, wish me luck boys...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just showed up, but haven’t had an issue…. Yet
B15966D1-A8BB-41FE-8C20-150862AFFCC0.jpeg

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Just literally got a letter in the mail today about the water pump failures, wondering if anyone get one as well? I'm based in NJ.

Reading through it quickly, looks like VW is finally reimbursing owners for the replacement out of pocket.
Is this waterpump failure across all TSI petrol engines ? Does it start off as a coolant leak ?
I’ve got a leak on my 7.5 1.5 TSI 2018 25k miles. My car hasn’t overheated though. Is it the impeller that fails or just that pump starts leaking water from side of engine !

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Is this waterpump failure across all TSI petrol engines ? Does it start off as a coolant leak ?
I’ve got a leak on my 7.5 1.5 TSI 2018 25k miles. My car hasn’t overheated though. Is it the impeller that fails or just that pump starts leaking water from side of engine !
This is really just a weeping joint between the water pump and thermostat - tpyically a slow leak and you see your expansion tank drop over time is really it. It's not a huge deal but some have had bigger leaks that caused issues. Mine leaked for 3 years beating on it and finally got larger enough to warrant a repair.

Last edited:

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
It’s a discernible leak dropped 500 ml in two days. Is it just the failing gasket where the housing meets the engine block ?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It’s a discernible leak dropped 500 ml in two days. Is it just the failing gasket where the housing meets the engine block ?
No; it the gasket between the 2 pieces (water pump and thermostat) - at least that's what mine was. Just take a mirror and look under your intake mani or crawl under, remove belly pan, and look up. Easy to see where all the dried coolant is/orginates.