GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Makes Zero Boost, EPC Light, Wife Doesn't Notice

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Just thought this was funny. My wastegate actuator is dead or my flapper is stuck. Either way my car makes zero boost and the EPC light is on all the time.

Wife has been driving the car for 4 days now. Hasn't even noticed. I say, "car running okay" she says, "yes."

The simple joy of not giving a crap about how fast your car goes. Just needs to not smell and run relatively smooth. This is why Toyota exists.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
oh man....that's hilarious! Reminds me of buying a car for my wife the first time on what kind she wants "it just needs to drive fine and be safe".

We're so lucky!

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
This is great! My wife on the other hand doesnt understand why her Nissan Rogue cant have all the same mods my GTI has lol.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
some one else mention his wife driving around with passenger mirror missing.

Toyota's are nice unless you like cars...honesty I do own a 06 Taco 4x4 because truck

Last edited:

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
I can relate... my wife this morning casually mentioned that car is out of fuel...I get in and it shows 0 miles range, so I don’t even know if I can make it to gas station.
Luckily these cars have generous amount of fuel left even though they show completely empty.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
oh man....that's hilarious! Reminds me of buying a car for my wife the first time on what kind she wants "it just needs to drive fine and be safe".

We're so lucky!
Mine wanted a specific color. She chose a white one without any bells and whistles over a packed dark green one. Now I'm working on retrofitting a better radio and back up camera on her white car. The green one already had all that stuff :)

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Mine wanted a specific color. She chose a white one without any bells and whistles over a packed dark green one. Now I'm working on retrofitting a better radio and back up camera on her white car. The green one already had all that stuff :)

Is that more or less work than wrapping a green car white though?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Is that more or less work than wrapping a green car white though?

I would say less. Sourcing a used RCD 510 rev. F radio was not difficult. I don't think getting and installing the camera should be difficult either. Now wrapping a Beetle with all of its curves would be super painful.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My girlfriend has been driving around with the tint on her passenger front window so rippled its like looking into a puddle during a thunderstorm. I asked her about it and her response? "oh yeah I thought something looked weird."

Its funny how most ladies just don't seem to notice things

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
My wife unintentionally drove around in sport mode and when it was time to trade cars, her comment was "it was taking a long time to shift gears and when it did, it was loud"

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
My wife unintentionally drove around in sport mode and when it was time to trade cars, her comment was "it was taking a long time to shift gears and when it did, it was loud"

That's pretty perceptive actually. My wife says sport mode is jumpy and annoying. I don't totally disagree. I wish there was an intermediate mode. Something that downshifted a little earlier but not so strange as sport. I've never liked how the car holds a gear uphill till it shudders and just about stalls then downshifts.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
My girlfriend has been driving

Its funny how most ladies just don't seem to notice things

Leave your old coffee cup stinking in the cup holder. That gets instantly noticed. Unless it's hers that is. I just use hers. That way nobody ever really knows.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm the odd man out.

My girlfriend will only own manuals and is very in tune with her car. She was ready to sell it over a brake squeak.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My wife is the odd ball out.

While she claims to dislike Volkswagens she still drives mine on a regular basis, as does so well.

Dkm stage 3 twin disk and she still rev matches down shifts like a pro and accelerates as smoothly as any dude I know.

She also notices and points out suspension noises and what not (on her Suburban), so now I need some taller jack stands since there’s no way it’s going on my QuickJack