GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Way over due on changing to summer wheels. Made it just in time for epic bear mountain cruise that Alex put together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squad Goals! :D

Navi

Autocross Champion
Such a pity I'm in Cali. I would pay you to wrap my GTI. That blue wrap looks great.

Thanks. I don't want to wrap anything again for a couple years tho lol. Props to those who do it for a living. Yeah about back pain...

Navi

Autocross Champion
damn son! love the new color!!!!!!!!!! sick ass Advans RZDFs~

Thanks, appreciate it. Was a long wait. Had a hard time choosing between them and bronze Volk ZE40. Kind of still want them... Hm.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I've got a question that I'm hoping you can help out with. I'm installing GTD seats into my TDI (which did not come with heated seats). Expecting the GTD seats to be missing the passenger occupancy sensor I ordered the passenger seat lower heating pad (which from my understanding includes the occupancy sensor). I ordered part number 5GM963555G.

From my research on Parts.vw.com and your response to a thread where another member was installing some Recaro seats this seemed to be the correct heating pad. VW Parts describes it as: Right.4 DOOR. SEAT CUSHION COMPONENTS. w/o leather. 2 DOOR SEAT CUSHION COMPONENTS. 4 DOOR SEAT CUSHION COMPONENTS.

To me this suggests passenger side but it matches the first seat heater picture in your original post. The caption for the second heater picture in your original post says seat heater with occupancy sensor (and side bolsters). Do you happen to remember if this was the other part number, 5GM963555H? Which VW parts describes as: Left.4 DOOR. SEAT CUSHION COMPONENTS. w/o leather. 2 DOOR SEAT CUSHION COMPONENTS. 4 DOOR SEAT CUSHION COMPONENTS.

This suggests driver side (thus no sensor) but maybe VW Parts has the descriptions switched. I suppose it wouldn't have mattered for you (or the poster in the other thread) since you needed one of each. I would like to avoid ordering the other part number as "electric" parts cannot be returned :rolleyes:. My new seats have heating pads in them already but I need to replace the passenger one due to the occupancy sensor.

Was just curious if you remembered which part number was on each pad... Unless the driver seat is the one with heated bolsters. In that case the "smaller" pad may have the occupancy sensor in it and I just don't see it. To be fair, the connector has more wires than I would think were required for heat alone. And I would also think the driver should get the heated bolsters.

Navi

Autocross Champion
yes, heating pad includes passenger seat occupancy. I'm not sure about GTD seats. I have heard euro seats don't have passenger seat occupancy, but I'm not sure. I started with a blank non oem slate. This is a oem seat that probably has heat (not sure if it does already?) So it might be a little different than my situation with some different variables. The part numbers I used were whatever you can find on the oem vw part websites floating around where you put in your car year and model. I would recommend that as it will tell you the part numbers. For me (2017 GTI SE with leather seats), I made sure to get the part numbers for seat bottom cushion leather, and seat back cushion leather. They are listed as left and right on these sites, so I used right side for passenger side. I would go by that, not driver or passenger.

edit: just realized you said your passenger seat has heat in it already. When you say your passenger seat, do you mean the driver side seat from the eu perspective? Or do you mean the actual passenger seat from the eu perspective, switched to the right side on your car?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the info. Both of the GTD seats are heated and from a LHD drive car. I ordered the right cushion heating element assuming the RH seat would not have an occupancy sensor. The GTD seats are the same same shape as the GTI plaids so I ordered elements for "w/o leather."

So I received a RH seat cushion which looks like your first picture. This being the lower cushion I assume it is where the occupancy sensor is located. it looks like just heating elements to me but I suppose I don't know what the occupancy sensor looks like.

Ahhhh, it just occurred to me that your second picture is probably of the seat back heater, which is the same for LH and RH per VW Parts. It makes more sense the upper side bolsters would be heated.

I think I might be good with what I ordered, gonna work on the seat today hopefully.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Finally done. Took a while because I was careful and did it properly since I want this film to last 3-4 years. Results were worth it

I didn't see this addressed earlier, so sorry if it was: what brand and color is this wrap?

Navi

Autocross Champion
Update:

Some better pictures

Change some old streaky wipers. Michelin blades. I wouldn't recommend them. Didn't last long. Went back to OEM.

Changed from rs7 plugs to brisk plugs. Still have one new set of rs7 plugs as back ups. Got bored with the storage bags. Also installed new coilpacks with the brisks.

You might be wondering why the hood is missing. This is why.

Last edited: