GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Navi

Autocross Champion
Update:

So pretty

Installed the new updated VWR Catch Can. Been using it for about 400 miles without a single oil seepage issue. Seems VWR HAS fixed that issue. Also noticed oil in the tracts of the pcv tubing that goes back into the intake. Wasn't sure if this mod was worth it but I'm glad I did it. I found dry oil in my turbo inlet pipe. Cleaned that out as well.

Got to use this little guy for the first time. Wait, no, I used him to torque the brake bleeder valves after bleeding system. But still enjoy using tools that I normally don't use lol.

Got some new summer tires to replace the ones I sold. Now if only the new wheels would arrive :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
Haven't updated in awhile. A lot has changed.

Really liked the color of my old wrap but decided it was time for a change. Wanted something a little easier to maintain. Removal process started:

Golf R looks good in carbon steel lol

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
Way over due on changing to summer wheels. Made it just in time for epic bear mountain cruise that Alex put together

Tires mounted and ceramic coated with gyeon Q2 rim then topped with gtechniq exo v4

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
Had to do some work on the car.

Freaking wheel studs started to come loose so I redid all of them. Previously used red loctite. Used more loctite this time and made sure to clean threads on studs and hub with brake cleaner. Hopefully holds up.

Marked the wheel studs to keep an eye if they come loose again.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Also noticed my oil cooler lines were getting messed up. Perfect time to swap in a larger oil cooler, thermostatic sandwich plate and new lines.

Danger:

What a messy job

Navi

Autocross Champion
Changed out my undertrays. They were fucked to hell from jacking the car so many times and not paying attention. Looks like a shark attacked them. Surprisingly easy to remove and install new ones. Also added the Audi jack pads.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Lastly I adjusted my endlinks. I raised my car height because the 245/40 tires were rubbing like crazy. Also the NYC streets suck and I should have raised the car a long time ago to help with clearance for my front lip, so win win. I removed fender liners and bumper to properly adjust front end links with the car on the ground

Also found a T25 screw in my shoe. Was looking for it all day after reinstalling the fender liners lol

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Your build is awesome, and that new wrap looks great. I just wrapped one trim piece and struggled, I can't imagine doing the whole car. Funny about that screw, I spent over an hour looking for one that attaches the lower dash. It was stuck to the magnet on the end of my flashlight. Flashlight died (while searching) and I put it on the charger, saw the stupid screw.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk