GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Navi

Autocross Champion
You going to wrap the hood or leave it raw CF?

Not sure, I haven't decided. I think I might end up on wrapping it. I don't like the two tone that much.

Cool.
Holes in hood?
How does it handle rain water. Curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It handles water really well. It's two carbon fiber pieces pressed together. There is no direct hole through to the engine bay like in evo 8/9 hoods which caused rusted/corroded engine parts. It's actually a really trick heat dissipation by forced ventilation without direct holes. And the hood has water channels built inside of it with water drain holes. I'll take some more pics of the inside and post them up. It's actually really amazing. I was comparing engine coolant temps and engine oil temps from when I drove with the oem hood and then the carbon fiber hood on the same day. It was actually 3-4 degrees warmer but the temps of the engine were 10-15 degrees cooler when moving than oem hood. I wasn't expecting such a big difference.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Ok here are the pics to show the vents and how the hood works. Notice they don't go all the way through. The vents are different in each side to allow rain to go into the water channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
One guy’s lazy is another guy’s... much less lazy

Good looks great!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
The car looks so good brotha! I love the refresh so much. Can't wait to see more progress~ Who makes that hood, love the channels?

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Not sure, I haven't decided. I think I might end up on wrapping it. I don't like the two tone that much.

It handles water really well. It's two carbon fiber pieces pressed together. There is no direct hole through to the engine bay like in evo 8/9 hoods which caused rusted/corroded engine parts. It's actually a really trick heat dissipation by forced ventilation without direct holes. And the hood has water channels built inside of it with water drain holes. I'll take some more pics of the inside and post them up. It's actually really amazing. I was comparing engine coolant temps and engine oil temps from when I drove with the oem hood and then the carbon fiber hood on the same day. It was actually 3-4 degrees warmer but the temps of the engine were 10-15 degrees cooler when moving than oem hood. I wasn't expecting such a big difference.

Nice.
Thanks for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
now THERE is a good looking CF hood...