GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cannonball record, underground radar app?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What those guys did was impressive but i am not a fan of how they did it on public roads.

I understand what you mean but where else could they have done it? I guess you mean they shouldn't do it at ll.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
all the pictures of the car shows no license plate.

the law is going to catch up with them eventually.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
all the pictures of the car shows no license plate.

the law is going to catch up with them eventually.

You do realize that this race has been around for decades so if the law hasn't caught up with them by now, they never will.

The official Cannonball races started in the early 70's.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
You do realize that this race has been around for decades so if the law hasn't caught up with them by now, they never will.

The official Cannonball races started in the early 70's.
Yeah there was literally a C2C in September that these dudes used as a scouting run. People can do what they want as long as they do it safely. As Rob Ferretti said, "There's a difference between driving recklessly and quickly"

cb1111

Some things I'd like to know more about:

Radar detector GPS lockout data just has the known false positives locked out
2X Waze For the two co-pilots
Custom Android app which gave heat maps of common reports within the last 30 days That's only really good for static or recurring enforcement
Custom programmed Uniden scanner appears to just lock out known false positives
Aircraft warning device Most likely illegal. This and the traffic light light changer are Federal level felonies
Traffic light changer Absolutely, positively, illegal. Legal for some emergency services only
If I were them, I wouldn't admit to felonies...

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Custom programmed uniden scanner probably has custom firmware to access encrypted police channels.