GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cannonball record, underground radar app?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Radar jammers are essentially radios that transmit on the same radar frequencies as radar guns, effectively scrambling the return signal to fool the gun into reading a false speed.
idn what you or jimbo are getting at.... I know what a radar jammer is. In my post 6 spots above, I go over 'this is what they used' , then i talk about radar detectors and how they are stupid, 2 different subjects, in 2 different sentences.

so once again...

?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
What I find impressive is they only stopped for 22 minutes. I think I'd have to spend more time than that in the bathroom over 27 hours.

Tbh, radar detectors are kinda stupid, in Pa only state police can use radar guns and they can also use lidar, time it, speed trap, or hold their radar off til your too close so ya theres alot that can go wrong, but radar detectors are not illegal here

Kind of depends where you live and where you drive. The whole PA/State Police thing is kind of unique. Around town I rarely get hits on my V1. It's on the interstate when I find it really useful. And it sure seems like the majority of police are lazy and just leave the radar on such that you pick it up a mile out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What I find impressive is they only stopped for 22 minutes. I think I'd have to spend more time than that in the bathroom over 27 hours.

Oh they definitely left with empty gatorade bottles, and now there are several littered on the side of the road between NY and CA. 22 min was for fuel only I bet.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

Kind of depends where you live and where you drive. The whole PA/State Police thing is kind of unique. Around town I rarely get hits on my V1. It's on the interstate when I find it really useful. And it sure seems like the majority of police are lazy and just leave the radar on such that you pick it up a mile out.
wanna link me the 'V1' If there was a cheap one, I wouldn't mind picking one up as its not illegal in pa and could come in hand for some spirited driving

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If I did this, I would do the majority of my driving at night with my lights off while wearing my NVGs. Like how Jackie Chan did it in the Cannonball movies.

IR lights/goggles, matte black car.... Like how drug runners do it coming up from FL

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

Juggar

Ready to race!
IR lights/goggles, matte black car.... Like how drug runners do it coming up from FL

I dont see how that car work, the car could easily get hit by other motorist and would of course be reported ASAP.

If I see a blacked out car with no lights on im calling the cops 100% of the time. This seems so counter-intuitive its not even funny, easy way to draw attention to yourself for sure.

I have a $500-600 Uniden R7 and even that detector is worthless when State Troopers are eyeballing it and using I/O and laser. Had quite the scare going to see family this thanksgiving. Luckily State trooper suburbans are not exactly fast.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I dont see how that car work, the car could easily get hit by other motorist and would of course be reported ASAP.

If I see a blacked out car with no lights on im calling the cops 100% of the time. This seems so counter-intuitive its not even funny, easy way to draw attention to yourself for sure.

Not if you drive really late at night, like 2 am, when there is barely anybody on the highway. And you wouldn't get hit by other motorists because you would be avoiding them.

cb1111

Y'all do know that statistically, drivers with detectors tend to get more tickets that those without detectors. Why? Because the detector gives you a false sense of security.

If you're going to speed significantly, then you need to do it in an area you are familiar with.

In the Cannonball, these guys used spotters and illegal technology to get around that.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

unless your also jamming their phone call
Image result for taps head meme
s

Juggar

Ready to race!
Not if you drive really late at night, like 2 am, when there is barely anybody on the highway. And you wouldn't get hit by other motorists because you would be avoiding them.

I disagree, that is when a lot of people go out for races depending on the area. I have driven plenty at those times going to see friends, etc. And often going 100+ so good luck "avoiding" everyone.

It is a massive hazard to drive blacked out and I will be calling 911 ASAP if I ever see it.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Y'all do know that statistically, drivers with detectors tend to get more tickets that those without detectors. Why? Because the detector gives you a false sense of security.

If you're going to speed significantly, then you need to do it in an area you are familiar with.

In the Cannonball, these guys used spotters and illegal technology to get around that.
spotters seem to be the biggest thing, like if it was just one guy, no tech, no help, NY to LA, that would be bonkers. But they have teams of people helping them out, scouting the roads ahead and they can just floor it

cb1111

I have a $500-600 Uniden R7 and even that detector is worthless when State Troopers are eyeballing it and using I/O and laser. Had quite the scare going to see family this thanksgiving. Luckily State trooper suburbans are not exactly fast.
State troopers use Tahoes, not Suburbans and their radios are far faster than you are. If they got your plate then you'll get a nasty surprise one of these days.