GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cannonball record, underground radar app?

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Was reading an article that the Cannonball Record was just broken, pretty insane, averaging 103 mph across the country....but in one of the articles it talked about the guy using Waze, but also an "underground," police radar app. Anyone heard of this? I use Waze, but was wondering if there's something else out there that everyone is using

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Was reading an article that the Cannonball Record was just broken, pretty insane, averaging 103 mph across the country....but in one of the articles it talked about the guy using Waze, but also an "underground," police radar app. Anyone heard of this? I use Waze, but was wondering if there's something else out there that everyone is using
http://www.alpriorityusa.com/

cb1111

If you read the article, then you'll note that they used two different detectors, a jammer and a device to detect aircraft (collision warning) in addition to local spotters. Aside from being really expensive, the jammer and the aviation collision warning are illegal in the US and will allow you to enjoy at least one night with Bubba, a nice fine (assuming you have a good expensive lawyer) and a probable criminal record.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If I remember correctly, the last crew that did this actually had people scheduled ahead and helicopters and plenty of lookout crew forewarning. I find the use of thermal imaging very awesome but an average speed of 103? That's insane

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
That thing is expensive not to mention illegal.
He asked what they used, its this im pretty sure, and yeah most likely illegal, but they were driving 100mph for 27 hrs straight so not much legal about any of it. Tbh, radar detectors are kinda stupid, in Pa only state police can use radar guns and they can also use lidar, time it, speed trap, or hold their radar off til your too close so ya theres alot that can go wrong, but radar detectors are not illegal here

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
He asked what they used, its this im pretty sure, and yeah most likely illegal, but they were driving 100mph for 27 hrs straight so not much legal about any of it. Tbh, radar detectors are kinda stupid, in Pa only state police can use radar guns and they can also use lidar, time it, speed trap, or hold their radar off til your too close so ya theres alot that can go wrong, but radar detectors are not illegal here

That is a radar jammer.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Radar jammers are federally illegal, however laser jammers are not. They stated specifically that they did not use a radar jammer in the attempt. Also running an ADS-B reciever I don't believe is illegal, just unethical especially if they weren't transmitting. Who cares about ethics. Fantastic job by the guys.