GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying GTI - couple questions

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
A waste to you but I'm in my car 10 hours per day and couldn't live without SiriusXM. Lots of shows you can't get otherwise.

I'm in a very rural corner of southeast Arizona and couldn't live without it either. I'm thankful there is such a wide array of good programming.

You guys who lucked out and had your trial run on forever, that means that the dealership did not report the sale of the car, along with the owner's info, to SXM when you bought the car, as they were supposed to do. Lucky you.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I'm in a very rural corner of southeast Arizona and couldn't live without it either. I'm thankful there is such a wide array of good programming.

You guys who lucked out and had your trial run on forever, that means that the dealership did not report the sale of the car, along with the owner's info, to SXM when you bought the car, as they were supposed to do. Lucky you.
I had this in an 05 durango for years, seriousxm never paid (wasn't my car but I used it). I guess after like 5 years they found out somehow

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
do you guys think the Rabbit edition will hold its value better over time, like in 3-4 years even when the mk8 is out? I noticed now according to kbb that a used rabbit is only 1,100 cheaper than a used SE with same mileage even though the SE had a sticker price of like 5 grand more when new.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
gut tells me it will retain it's value slightly better, but if this is the choice

"However it becomes a harder choice when you can get a new SE with experience package for maybe 26 and a used rabbit for 24,500."

even 27K I would pick new.

but that Cornflower blue......

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
gut tells me it will retain it's value slightly better, but if this is the choice

"However it becomes a harder choice when you can get a new SE with experience package for maybe 26 and a used rabbit for 24,500."

even 27K I would pick new.

but that Cornflower blue......

you like that cornflower blue? There is one in my apartment complex that I drive by occasional to look at. It's ok to me, almost too smurf blue for my taste though but I love the lapiz blue metallic, that is my type of blue.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Canadian Rabbit got the nicer headunit and the fender audio. I really wanted the Urano Grey when I bought my car. The dealer I was at even had one, but wanted the nicer stereo a whole lot more. I'm also one of those weirdos that preferred the leather.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The answer if you want to retain value better than a GTI is to go with the R.

The Rabbit will likely have a similar relationship to the 19SE as the 17 Sport does to a 17 SE.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
do you guys think the Rabbit edition will hold its value better over time, like in 3-4 years even when the mk8 is out? I noticed now according to kbb that a used rabbit is only 1,100 cheaper than a used SE with same mileage even though the SE had a sticker price of like 5 grand more when new.

I own a Rabbit and i dont think so.

17 Sport & 19 Rabbit are not going to hold any premium over other trims from same MY.

ShadyR6

Car(s)
2018 GTI
sirusxm is a waste of money. I had it on my 17 s and after it ran out, they wanted like 20$ a month, nope
The trick is to call to cancel the service. They ALWAYS offer you a discount. I’ve been using Sirius for 6 years and I do this every few months, never fails

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
My mistake on the diff and brakes. Either way, you're not going to notice the slight weight difference that the sunroof makes. Someone on here weighed their sunroof a while back when deleting it and it only weighed something like 35lbs or so. That's about the same as 1/4 tank of fuel. Not going to make a difference on a street car, especially a daily driver. Since the OP is concerned about having Sirius/XM, I don't think it's a stretch to consider the better sound quality from the Fender audio. The DCC is definitely nice to have a makes a difference. Not to mention having a brand new car instead of a used one that you don't know how it was treated.

What about the weight of all the water leaking in? - that's 8.34lbs per gallon. Before you know it, a GTI SE can outweigh a Suburban.