GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Pedal Squeak/Sigh

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
On my 2017 Sport, lately I've noticed a slight squeak or high pitched "sigh" sort of sound as I press the brake pedal.

Wondering what may be causing this?

Car is coming up on 3 years old at the end of October so I am planning on doing a brake fluid flush and front brakes in the next month or so. My buddy who's at BMW actually just gave me some of their BMW DOT4 to use so that incentives me to get to it sooner than later. Just wondered if there's anything I should look out for given I've got this sound going on.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3
On my 2017 Sport, lately I've noticed a slight squeak or high pitched "sigh" sort of sound as I press the brake pedal.

Wondering what may be causing this?

Car is coming up on 3 years old at the end of October so I am planning on doing a brake fluid flush and front brakes in the next month or so. My buddy who's at BMW actually just gave me some of their BMW DOT4 to use so that incentives me to get to it sooner than later. Just wondered if there's anything I should look out for given I've got this sound going on.

Did you ever find a resolution here? Here is the sound I am experiencing...wondering if it’s the same as yours https://youtu.be/EiEHqRL76hY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Did you ever find a resolution here? Here is the sound I am experiencing...wondering if it’s the same as yours https://youtu.be/EiEHqRL76hY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow, mine is def not that bad. It’s very slight, but it sound like a much worse version of that.

r12rex

Go Kart Newbie
Had a similar squeel when I swapped over to ATE Type200 fluid on my MK7 R. Noticed immediately after doing a full flush. Two days later I swapped it to Motul and zero noise. My BMC didn't like the ATE. I would suggest doing a brake fluid flush with quality fluid. I used Motul 5.1. :)

Kind Regards,
Ryan

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Had a similar squeel when I swapped over to ATE Type200 fluid on my MK7 R. Noticed immediately after doing a full flush. Two days later I swapped it to Motul and zero noise. My BMC didn't like the ATE. I would suggest doing a brake fluid flush with quality fluid. I used Motul 5.1. :)

Kind Regards,
Ryan

My car was due for a flush and front brakes. I used some BMW DOT4 High Performance fluid my friend who is a BMW senior master tech gave me when he finished up the brakes on my wife's car after I snapped my cheap breaker bar and hurt my wrist.

Now that I've had the brakes on for a week or two I haven't noticed the sigh sound, but will double check in case I was just not noticing it.

GTI-CAL

Passed Driver's Ed

Kind Regards,
Ryan

this is so odd...i noticed this noise this past weekend and i also switched to ate200 about 2 months ago lol

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
I discovered this after I changed the fluid on our fleet last summer: All VWs from MK4 through MK7 spec Low Viscosity Brake Fluid, so instead of ATE Typ200 we should use ATE SL.6. That being said, I ran Typ200 for years in our MK4s with no issues. FF to now: MK4 is still happy, wife's MK7 TDI Sportwagen is happy, but my GTI squeaks very softly. My assumption is that the ABS is used more aggressively for cornering & handling in the GTI than the TDI so it may be more "sensitive" to thicker fluid?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32