GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Pedal Squeak/Sigh

Xdpker

Ready to race!
Wow that's crazy, I just installed Zimmermann blanks and ebc reds and flushed with ATE 200 and I got the tiny little squeak as well. Deciding whether it's worth the hassle to rebleed with RBF or something. It only squeaks/sighs when cold.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Wow that's crazy, I just installed Zimmermann blanks and ebc reds and flushed with ATE 200 and I got the tiny little squeak as well. Deciding whether it's worth the hassle to rebleed with RBF or something. It only squeaks/sighs when cold.

Flush it out! It's not gonna get better. Who knows what damage it may be doing.

david99

Car(s)
Tiguan
Hi All, Could you please advice which DOT 4 LV fluid to use to avoid brake pedal squeak? I tried so far VW OEM one and Shell DOT 4 ESL with both of them I'm getting pedal squeak. Thanks.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Hi All, Could you please advice which DOT 4 LV fluid to use to avoid brake pedal squeak? I tried so far VW OEM one and Shell DOT 4 ESL with both of them I'm getting pedal squeak. Thanks.
I'm using motul rbf600. Makes sure you completely bleed the brakes and the clutch if you have one.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Sounds Iike you used the wrong brake fluid. Non-low viscosity fluid can do that. I ran ATE TYP 200 in my Atlas and had the same squeak until I replaced with their SL fluid.

david99

Car(s)
Tiguan
Sounds Iike you used the wrong brake fluid. Non-low viscosity fluid can do that. I ran ATE TYP 200 in my Atlas and had the same squeak until I replaced with their SL fluid.
No as mentioned I have used LV fluid actually three manufacturers already all of them LV and squeak is still present. I never used Typ 200 - non LV fluid.