GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Braille Battery GU1R 12v Lithium Ion Retrofit

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I ordered this for my GTI after I saw your pic. I bought a Braille AGM 15 lb and the corresponding holder from Stable. So you just place it how you would a normal battery and the brackets fit without modification?

Fit the Stable around the battery which then makes it a "normal" size to fit like a normal battery into the OEM factory battery tray...:cool:

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I ordered this for my GTI after I saw your pic. I bought a Braille AGM 15 lb and the corresponding holder from Stable. So you just place it how you would a normal battery and the brackets fit without modification?

The Stable cage for the GU1R fits like that yes, however, I'm not familiar with the size of the cage for you're Braille AGM.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
The Stable cage for the GU1R fits like that yes, however, I'm not familiar with the size of the cage for you're Braille AGM.

Hmm this is what I was afraid of since yours looks more like a standard size.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Don't let my photo fool you. The GU1R is smaller than a standard size battery.

I figure as long as the bracket is able to fit around a corner of it, it should be fine right?

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
With a Braille 15 lbs AGM, would there have to be any changes in habits? IE not sitting in car with engine off and stereo on, etc?

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Just a quick PSA - a Braille G30 (replaced the GU1R) in its corresponding Stable cage does not work with the factory tray.
Thank you for the information; I wasn't aware that Braille discontinued the GU1R. I wonder if there are any GU1Rs in the market that are being sold with a discount?

I'll check summit racing later.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
With a Braille 15 lbs AGM, would there have to be any changes in habits? IE not sitting in car with engine off and stereo on, etc?

No, I’m running a similar weight Fullriver AGM and I haven’t changed any habits. The stop start does not activate. That is the only difference. Just be smart and don’t sit for an hour draining the battery.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Hey guys. I just finished installing the Braille 15 lb AGM and tried to do battery adaptation via OBD11 and it won't take it, showing error 31 function not available.

20ah
BRA
Binary - AGM

That's what I entered, but no dice.

Any help?

Edit: Car ran fine yesterday. Is the coding absolutely necessary? Or is it only for cars with auto start/stop function?

Last edited:

amritdesai

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Following up on the coding requirements for the lithium batteries.

I just purchased the G30 battery from Braille for my 2017 S - anyone have success doing the battery adaptation via OBD11? I don't have auto stop/star function on my car.

^Is the coding necessary?^

amritdesai

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Coding as detailed in the previous post worked excellent with the OBD11.

13Ah
Bra
Lithium ions

I had to play with the orientation of the battery/terminals. I ended up having to mount the cage on its side, directly to the battery tray with the supplied self tapping screws. No big deal honestly.

Love the upgrade so far! The stereo even sounds better:LOL:

Attachments

• 33F70E1B-7A58-4A5B-8281-4299DE052931.jpeg
    33F70E1B-7A58-4A5B-8281-4299DE052931.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 396
  • 64E8494F-5111-423F-A763-3F131E4A8D0C.jpeg
    64E8494F-5111-423F-A763-3F131E4A8D0C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 389