GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Did a search on this amazing (and long) thread to no avail.

Would it be possible to get an update (from George maybe) on a JB4 update to include ethanol percentage reading (on the app) from a FuelIt/bluetooth combo. I think I read it was in the works in 2018...

Be nice not to have a separate gauge in the car...

Noticed the Fuel-It order page has JB4 signal as an option. See attached photo.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FuelIt_page.jpg
    FuelIt_page.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If so, please update the the opening page.

Apologize in advance if I didn't see it, but I just read it again...

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Did you modify your JB4 settings to read the fuel it signal? It should read when you switch over the meth channel. Go to WMI, Signal Scaling to 100 (should be 0), and save.
Pulled this from their mk7 flex fuel setup: https://youtu.be/1OkogYRapf0?list=PLvo8ue9b2CizDmYZFnKzLHACyMIy_nes4&t=988
From them, we don't have the ethanol dedicated channel (yet) and I agree it would be nice to have that added sometime. But just wanted to make sure you had those features enabled.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
If so, please update the the opening page.

Apologize in advance if I didn't see it, but I just read it again...

The meth flow value will show the E85 reading as a percentage of ethanol. At the moment the input is the same pin as the meth flow input.

The forum software is iffy so most times the 1st post is edited it brings up a blank screen so we cant make changes there.

benmarsden

Just picked up a JB4 and the bluetooth module for a good price on Ebay and will be installing it soon, this JB4 was used on an S3, will that cause any changes that i should be aware of? And for people with 6 speeds how has your stock clutch held up to Maps 1 and/or map 2?

And i see after i purchased it that you can't get custom maps from George, bit of a disappointment, wouldn't mind paying a fee to BMS to get a map done but they would be inundated in that case! Is there a guide on how to work it out myself or shall i just try and find someone with similar mods and location to me and copy them?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just picked up a JB4 and the bluetooth module for a good price on Ebay and will be installing it soon, this JB4 was used on an S3, will that cause any changes that i should be aware of? And for people with 6 speeds how has your stock clutch held up to Maps 1 and/or map 2?

And i see after i purchased it that you can't get custom maps from George, bit of a disappointment, wouldn't mind paying a fee to BMS to get a map done but they would be inundated in that case! Is there a guide on how to work it out myself or shall i just try and find someone with similar mods and location to me and copy them?
There's a map 6 logging thread here on the forums. Post a log, and people much smarter than myself will help you dial in your map settings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Can't get my JB4 to connect via laptop or Android OTG. Battery was disconnected recently, I had an issue before when I removed the battery to install an amplifier, but seems it resolved on its own. Is there a way for me to power cycle the JB4 board, remove plug d?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Can't get my JB4 to connect via laptop or Android OTG. Battery was disconnected recently, I had an issue before when I removed the battery to install an amplifier, but seems it resolved on its own. Is there a way for me to power cycle the JB4 board, remove plug d?

Even easier, disconnect the harness on the JB4 box. Less crawling under the car. ;)

wata

Looking through the Burger Motorsports website, the JB4 shown in the pictures don't have the blue AFR wire that you have to positap. Have they changed that to an actual harness connector now?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Even easier, disconnect the harness on the JB4 box. Less crawling under the car. ;)

Turns out the serial cable was unplugged LOL, probably from me yanking on the USB cable inside of the cabin. Le sigh.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Looking through the Burger Motorsports website, the JB4 shown in the pictures don't have the blue AFR wire that you have to positap. Have they changed that to an actual harness connector now?

Not to my knowledge. You don't have to tap it, it's more-so for logging.