GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Anyone knows what is this code:

P03212 No Description Found

Everyday, no exception, I get a engine light and on my JB4 app in my phone always is this same P03212 code. I press between 3 - 6 times the Delete Code button and it erases.. 50-80 kilometers after that, engine light shows up again with the same P03212 code..

i'm using firmware 7.4. Tried the 8.4, but my car went wierd with it. It's a 2017 GTI.

Try 6b firmware.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, just installed my jb4 took roughly an hour or so. I ended up removing the skid tray on the bottom on the passenger side only to get room for the bottom clip.

This is my first time using it so I did an initial scan with it and getting a code P01101 NO CEL - car runs fine.

Any idea why? Running the Bluetooth app.

Also... how long does it take to adapt? Im pushing around 22-23 lbs of boost, but car doesn't PULL as hard as I thought it was lol. Currently on map 2.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys, just installed my jb4 took roughly an hour or so. I ended up removing the skid tray on the bottom on the passenger side only to get room for the bottom clip.

This is my first time using it so I did an initial scan with it and getting a code P01101 NO CEL - car runs fine.

Any idea why? Running the Bluetooth app.

Also... how long does it take to adapt? Im pushing around 22-23 lbs of boost, but car doesn't PULL as hard as I thought it was lol. Currently on map 2.

Clear it and carry on. It should feel stronger the more you drive.

CharmedL1fe

Passed Driver's Ed

Thanks, diggs. I reinstalled everything after a warranty repair. While doing so I removed the insert from the O2 spacer and want to see if it’s throwing a code. It was with the medium spacer, so I shall see what’s up without any insert. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I bought a MK7 SE DSG over the weekend, which I will be picking up later this week. My only experience driving a GTI prior to this was my buddy's MK6 6MT which had a Stratified Stage 1 tune, and from the test drive of mine, I can tell right away I'm going to want more power to it than stock.

Since mine has 31k miles on it, and I would rather not flash anything just yet, I think I've decided on the JB4 instead of the AP w/ flash. Is there any downside to getting a JB4 used from the classifieds here? If I don't get the bluetooth module, what do I loose? Just the ability to monitor things in real time, and I will have to update\change map settings from a PC with the data cable?

Thanks!

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I bought a MK7 SE DSG over the weekend, which I will be picking up later this week. My only experience driving a GTI prior to this was my buddy's MK6 6MT which had a Stratified Stage 1 tune, and from the test drive of mine, I can tell right away I'm going to want more power to it than stock.

Since mine has 31k miles on it, and I would rather not flash anything just yet, I think I've decided on the JB4 instead of the AP w/ flash. Is there any downside to getting a JB4 used from the classifieds here? If I don't get the bluetooth module, what do I loose? Just the ability to monitor things in real time, and I will have to update\change map settings from a PC with the data cable?

Thanks!
The only thing you're losing is the direct support from George. You'd need to have people here in the forum help out with custom maps and all.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Getting a JB4 for my 2018 MK7.5 SE 6MT. I've read through the forums and still am slightly confused about if I can run Map 2 on 92 Octane (all I have in WA). I've seen mixed feedback of people saying I should be on 93 octane to use Map 2 and others saying it does not matter. What's the consensus on this?

I may only use Map 2 for a little bit and some data logging but I plan on going over to a clutch saving Map 6 and maybe switching over to a slightly more fun additive Map 6 for fun sometimes.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Getting a JB4 for my 2018 MK7.5 SE 6MT. I've read through the forums and still am slightly confused about if I can run Map 2 on 92 Octane (all I have in WA). I've seen mixed feedback of people saying I should be on 93 octane to use Map 2 and others saying it does not matter. What's the consensus on this?

I may only use Map 2 for a little bit and some data logging but I plan on going over to a clutch saving Map 6 and maybe switching over to a slightly more fun additive Map 6 for fun sometimes.

Logg it and post in the other thread with Datazap.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Quick question. I bought a JB4 from another user here, which should be coming in this week. I also bought the JB4 AFR harness from burgerkong, however, I'm in the second round and will probably be another few weeks before the harness gets delivered. Patience isn't my strong suit, so waiting for both before installing is out of the question. I can leave the AFR wire untapped until I get the harness, and just run map 1 on the JB4 perfectly fine, correct? Then when I get the harness installed, since I have access to 93 gas here, I can swap to map 2 at that time?