GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

tknj99

Ready to race!
Have an elementary question..

I run Map6 additive boost by rpm. When i'm accelerating using light throttle and letting the rpm's rise in the gear is it trying to add the boost i have entered at the specified rpm or does that only happen in combination with higher throttle load?
I'm usually pretty light on the throttle (around 1/4 throttle per gear) and the car usually only becomes lively when i depress the throttle past 1/4-1/2
Case in point, in first gear the car feels wimpy as i usually let the rpm's rise to 4k and then shift and can use 2nd to grab some power and go.. the other day out of curiosity and especially after reading all of the tire spinning comments from others on takeoff, i took off in first but this time gave closer to 3/4 throttle and sure as shit she started spinning the tires and invoking the traction control... it was fun and got me thinking about the additive boost and whether their was a requirement to be at a certain throttle position for the additive boost to take effect..
thanks for the help

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed

I run Map6 additive boost by rpm. When i'm accelerating using light throttle and letting the rpm's rise in the gear is it trying to add the boost i have entered at the specified rpm or does that only happen in combination with higher throttle load?
I'm usually pretty light on the throttle (around 1/4 throttle per gear) and the car usually only becomes lively when i depress the throttle past 1/4-1/2
Case in point, in first gear the car feels wimpy as i usually let the rpm's rise to 4k and then shift and can use 2nd to grab some power and go.. the other day out of curiosity and especially after reading all of the tire spinning comments from others on takeoff, i took off in first but this time gave closer to 3/4 throttle and sure as shit she started spinning the tires and invoking the traction control... it was fun and got me thinking about the additive boost and whether their was a requirement to be at a certain throttle position for the additive boost to take effect..
thanks for the help

In my car boost is added also with low pedal input when I am in additive mode. But I am pretty sure it is added percentual depending on pedal input.
When I am in absolute mode boost is added only past 80% pedal input.

tknj99

Ready to race!
In my car boost is added also with low pedal input when I am in additive mode. But I am pretty sure it is added percentual depending on pedal input.
When I am in absolute mode boost is added only past 80% pedal input.

Yea i was suspecting the same that the additive would be a percentage of the amount configured based on throttle position as well..

Would be curious to hear others' thoughts.. Diggs? George?

Thanks again

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Seems like additive would be smoother power delivery and less on/off than absolute then.

tknj99

Ready to race!

thanks for the help

I found out the answer for this as per George:

The boost add is a function of pedal position as a percentage until you get to full throttle. The value of add both in additive map or absolute goes up exponentially as you depress the pedal with full boost request added from 70% and up.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I found out the answer for this as per George:

The boost add is a function of pedal position as a percentage until you get to full throttle. The value of add both in additive map or absolute goes up exponentially as you depress the pedal with full boost request added from 70% and up.

Sounds like it just feels like a jolt, like the old MBC controlled cars... I like that personally

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Hello everyone,

When the gauges are loaded up via jb4 android app and the app is running as just a multi-gauge display, does anyone else's JB4 app randomly log there cars for approximately 10 seconds and then stops but then does it a few more random times?

Between yesterday and today I've notice approximately 20 stored logs. However, yesterday when i tried to do a map 2 log from standing still to the top of 3rd I got an error about 15 seconds into the log session.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read about my concerns.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Hello everyone,

When the gauges are loaded up via jb4 android app and the app is running as just a multi-gauge display, does anyone else's JB4 app randomly log there cars for approximately 10 seconds and then stops but then does it a few more random times?

Between yesterday and today I've notice approximately 20 stored logs. However, yesterday when i tried to do a map 2 log from standing still to the top of 3rd I got an error about 15 seconds into the log session.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read about my concerns.

It auto logs at like 70% throttle. You can change the settings in the settings for the auto log

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
It auto logs at like 70% throttle. You can change the settings in the settings for the auto log

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you Railroader, that makes sense then. Have a good day fellow enthusiast!

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I'm assuming that setting the timeout value to "0" disables this feature as indicated by the parenthesis.

digimotors

I just installed my JB4 on my 2015 GTI. I purchased it as an upgrade kit from my JB1 as soon as it came out so it’s been sitting a while. My question is how do I check if I need a firmware update? Im using Bluetooth and JB connect and when I hit the firmware button I get to a forum website and press the green arrow upper right corner and nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzza80

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed my JB4 on my 2015 GTI. I purchased it as an upgrade kit from my JB1 as soon as it came out so it’s been sitting a while. My question is how do I check if I need a firmware update? Im using Bluetooth and JB connect and when I hit the firmware button I get to a forum website and press the green arrow upper right corner and nothing.

Just navigate to post 3 on that forum and the Firmware is there, click it and the app will do the rest.

Last edited:

digimotors

Just navigate to post 3 on that forum and the Firmware is there, click it and the app will do the rest.

Thanks. That was easy. Another issue. First time I tried to update the firmware it failed and I tried to start the car. After I retried it went through and it started right up but had an EPC light. I shut it down let it sit, restarted and the light is gone. Any ideas if this was caused by cranking with no firmware or should I be concerned. Everything seems to be ok now.

digimotors

Hi all.

Just picked up a nice used APR catted downpipe and planning to install it this weekend and play with some tuning.

Anyone have some suggestions on base setup to start with.

2015 GTI, 6mt, k&n, fresh RS7 plugs.

By the way, I’m loving the BT and app much nicer than using a laptop.

Thanks in advance.