GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey diggs, is there any benefit with an e85 mix and regular e10/93 pump gas using map 2? Or is there no difference with map 2 and benefits can only be seen with a dialed in map 6 tune?

I'm on stock clutch and my only other mods are catless DP & JB4 set to map 2. I'm currently only going WOT with revs above 4k rpm to help prolong OEM clutch life, however, I was wondering if I were to have an upgraded clutch and if there are any benefits with using map 2 and a possible e30 mix with OEM intetcooler.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

yes but map6 will take far more advantage of it

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi, Just installed JB4 took a whole 20min. Went for a drive on map 1 and it felt good. No error codes, car pulls strong up to redline. I drive back, open hood and look to clean-up the wires.... and notice I have tapped blue wire in secondary o2 wire (grey DP wire).*facepalm* Car ran great, what if anything, does tapping wrong o2 wire do? Only ran map1

Im sure there are other idiots like me, sorry if it was already asked

map1 doesnt need afr tap so its fine

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Ethanol mixes (e30) were responding pretty nicely. You will also notice your gas mileage drop to match the lower stoich ratio. I wouldn't run cheap e85 or winter blend though. It's just not worth the money. I'm pretty bummed out that most places are either Sheetz or speedway that carry e85. I do not trust them ~55%-85% ethanol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dave C

We look at the S4 and it seems to have a variance vs the PP GTI 7.5.
We getting deliveries local to me of the PP at the end of the month and some guys have committed to leave a car with me to work on so its something that will get resolved.
Hi George,

Any update on the AFR wire?

Cheers

David

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Muzza80

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi George,

Any update on the AFR wire?

Cheers

David

I spoke to him via email last week and there's nothing yet.

That said, I fitted it all up without the AFR wire and running MAP1 and the car's flying! So if you haven't already then get it all fitted and just run MAP1 until he comes back to us with an update on the new Lambda sensor wiring. ;)

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Thanks for the replies... Also, at the quarter mile track, a car on map two running 93/e10 with a catless downpipe, what kind of trap speeds and times are expected? If i had to guess I would say low 13s, high 12s @ approximately 108 to 110mph?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks for the replies... Also, at the quarter mile track, a car on map two running 93/e10 with a catless downpipe, what kind of trap speeds and times are expected? If i had to guess I would say low 13s, high 12s @ approximately 108 to 110mph?

On street tires and not gutted? 13.7@105 probably.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
O ok, that sounds reasonable. My estimation was way more optimistic because of how different the car feels versus downpipe only.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Your right diggs, the guys over in the golf r mk7 section estimated approx 110 trap. I was thinking of getting a jb4 for my wife's S3 but she already drives too fast as it is and ill be condoning that behavior.

Since my old helmet expired, I got me a new helmet for the drag strip and she ended up ordering a matte black one for herself, lol.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
does anybody know what the quarter mile record or trap speed records is for a JB4 only mk7 gti?

I think the record for an APR tuned mk7 gti is in the high 12s or something. So I'm thinking a max effort map6 JB4 tune only mk7 on e30 or 100 octane unleaded should be able to get somewhat close with 290whp and 3,000lbs and some hoosiers?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion

thanks. I saw that but it doesn't list mods and some of those trap speeds indicate downpipes and other mods likely at play. So its not clear how many of those and who are only jb4 with nothing else.

Just guessing though it looks like several jb4 map 2 cars running in the 13.4-ish range on street tires with 2.3s 60ft so on hoosiers with map6 I'm guessing a 12.9-13.1 is probably not out of the question on a good cold day low DA. I think someone hit 109mph+ trap speed on apr tune only awhile back.

Dave C

I spoke to him via email last week and there's nothing yet.

That said, I fitted it all up without the AFR wire and running MAP1 and the car's flying! So if you haven't already then get it all fitted and just run MAP1 until he comes back to us with an update on the new Lambda sensor wiring. ;)
Yeah fitted mine too with map 1. Feels great but want the full potential in map 2 lol.

If you hear from him let me know the outcome and vice versa [emoji106]