GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
JB4 adds boost based on pedal input, if i'm correct, right? I have tweaked pedal response enabled via VCDS, so that pedal is more responsive from the start, similar to what pedal box does. Was thinking that maybe this could interfere somehow with JB4, but that shouldn't affect cruise control probably.

That pedal tweak has shown to kill mileage, jb4 or not. Put it back the way it was or continue to have poor mileage.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
JB4 adds boost based on pedal input, if i'm correct, right? I have tweaked pedal response enabled via VCDS, so that pedal is more responsive from the start, similar to what pedal box does. Was thinking that maybe this could interfere somehow with JB4, but that shouldn't affect cruise control probably.

If you running on a rush of boost and off due to the pedal sensitivity in the long run it will cost more fuel.
The JB4 if fitted correctly and if you maintain similar driving style will use similar amounts of fuel considering how often you requesting full load on the car.
If the AFR connection is in the wrong place, say on the rear O2 sensor this will make you run richer on part throttle cruising and is a common error found when we see major changes of consumption.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
If you running on a rush of boost and off due to the pedal sensitivity in the long run it will cost more fuel.
The JB4 if fitted correctly and if you maintain similar driving style will use similar amounts of fuel considering how often you requesting full load on the car.
If the AFR connection is in the wrong place, say on the rear O2 sensor this will make you run richer on part throttle cruising and is a common error found when we see major changes of consumption.

George, is that your real name? George smooth? If so, that's one pimp ass daddy same lol

mat3jko

Can you tell from this log if it's running rich? The first half of the log is with partial throttle at around 25-30%. My AFR connection is 100% at the right place though...

https://datazap.me/u/mat3jkomk7/log-1522426061?log=0&data=1-4-18

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Where can I get a new AFR tap? Never used mine and chances of finding it now are slim to none.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Tex Willer

Is such a decrease in fuel economy normal with JB4? I would say that I'm getting at least around 5mpg less under normal driving conditions, 80mph with cruise control on motorway for example...

I swear I have seen similar decrease in mpg. The trip from home to work that I have cruised at same speed for months, cant hit the mpg that I used to hit. But since I did jb4 with other mods who knows... have not tryied on map0 doesnt bother me that much.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have another tweak, not that one.

This is the one I've had done:

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/1658/audi-throttle-response-tweak

I've had this since before I got my JB4, but I didn't noticed any increase in fuel consumption back then. Will revert it back to the default setting soon anyway, because I don't quite like it.

If I can get this on E30 gas then something is wrong with your cars. US gallons, not imperial.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
If I can get this on E30 gas then something is wrong with your cars. US gallons, not imperial.

That's pretty absurd mpg for e30. I can only assume you were cruising down a straight road at 60mph, with fields of corn on either side, and some of corn vapors were going into your intake to give you that extra efficiency.