GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Tune for my new 2016 GTI PP

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Hi All,
I am new here and although I did some research I am not quite sure if people are happy with APR or not. Some are and some are not and I am trying to understand why. Maybe there were some bugs that were fixed in later versions?

I just sold my 335i with FBO and GIAC stage II software and I am shock to hear stories about the GTI being faster seems very impossible to me but that would be a welcome surprise if that is the case =)

I am leaning toward getting APR since a local VW dealer offers it and after a long discussion with them I felt confident they would not void my warranty for having the tune so that was a plus.

Also the difference in power going to stage II do not seem worth the extra money. On 1/4 mile run how many MPH would you get over APR stage I 93 octane, does anyone know? I would love it if I could get the GTI to run at around 115 MPH.

I was very happy with GIAC and I had no issue with my car due to the software and the overall pedal feel with the tune was amazing, you felt the gains in power trough out. I am hoping that APR power delivery would be similar, if someone to let me know from personal experience that would be great. Basically, with apr software, is power felt throughout the gas pedal, or only when you floor it?

I also see many to be happy with Eurodyne tune so I am just not quite sure although I am leaning toward apr because of local VW dealer.

Also should I wait 1k or 2k miles to get the tune or do it immediately?

Thank you - Luigi

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
I would look into Unitronic and UniConnect+. Tune files will be out soon for the 2016. Love the hassle free ability to just flash yourself at home. Takes about 20min. No more need to go to dealers to get flashed

We did it on a recent project car if you want to check it out. Videos are onsite:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
ON a 2016 the only current options are APR or JB1. ME above says Unitronic is almost out with their release which will be an awesome addition for us 2016 owners :)

I'll let anyone else chime in with the advantages/disadvantages of a JB1. I went JB1 for now personally just for warranty reasons, but if you have a mod friendly dealer then even better!

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
As far as flashing a 2016, that is something I am sure everyone will have available eventually. I am GIAC and I have driven Revo and APR. Revo is not really talked about much but honestly it felt just like GIAC, very good pull all the way to redline. The APR car I drove was their newest revision, it had a large Torque hit kind of like my MKV GTI used to have and power seemed to noticeably taper off at redline, all 3 cars I am talking about where stage 2 and DSG. I did not race the Revo car, but I did race the APR car and it was not even close, I walked him hard. I am not saying all APR cars are the same, just this car. It might also be that APR cars need to shift way earlier to take advantage of their high torque and lack of top end, It actually felt faster at low RPM when I drove it, but the race showed otherwise when it comes to top end. Like I said, the Revo car felt just like GIAC, power very smooth all the way to redline. Anyhow, this is just my comparison. I am not a fanboi of any company, I have run APR, Revo, GIAC, Techtonics, C2, and Eurodyne Meistro in my various VW's every platform seems to have their preferred tune.

themyst

Ready to race!
Hi All,
I am new here and although I did some research I am not quite sure if people are happy with APR or not. Some are and some are not and I am trying to understand why. Maybe there were some bugs that were fixed in later versions?

I just sold my 335i with FBO and GIAC stage II software and I am shock to hear stories about the GTI being faster seems very impossible to me but that would be a welcome surprise if that is the case =)

I am leaning toward getting APR since a local VW dealer offers it and after a long discussion with them I felt confident they would not void my warranty for having the tune so that was a plus.

Also the difference in power going to stage II do not seem worth the extra money. On 1/4 mile run how many MPH would you get over APR stage I 93 octane, does anyone know? I would love it if I could get the GTI to run at around 115 MPH.

I was very happy with GIAC and I had no issue with my car due to the software and the overall pedal feel with the tune was amazing, you felt the gains in power trough out. I am hoping that APR power delivery would be similar, if someone to let me know from personal experience that would be great. Basically, with apr software, is power felt throughout the gas pedal, or only when you floor it?

I also see many to be happy with Eurodyne tune so I am just not quite sure although I am leaning toward apr because of local VW dealer.

Also should I wait 1k or 2k miles to get the tune or do it immediately?

Thank you - Luigi

as a former N54 owner, it was extremely easy to get that platform to a 115 trap than this one. I surmise you'll need an IS38 swap with some corn fuel for that in the GTI.

Mk7VW

Banned
I would look into Unitronic and UniConnect+. Tune files will be out soon for the 2016. Love the hassle free ability to just flash yourself at home. Takes about 20min. No more need to go to dealers to get flashed

We did it on a recent project car if you want to check it out. Videos are onsite:

Hopefully soon! I prefer Unitronic or GIAC over APR.. :cool:

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I think I read about it. Not even running an IS38 tune.. Was a ROW car I think in South America? I forget what thread I read it on. I think someone said there was a Facebook video of it. I'll let VAG give details :D

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
A guy by the name of Andres Bocanegra, who works for GIAC of colombia did the run. Full weight car, DSG, Off the shelf Stage 2 tune NOT a tune for the IS38 just the same file I am running. Intake, Exhaust and an IS38. This is his time slip. 197.46kph=122.69mph
Oh and Columbia is at 9000 ft. above sea level.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I got to be honest I had a great experience with GIAC with my 335i and would not hesitate to go with them but the fact that my VW dealer offers APR and it would not affect my warranty is really conditioning my decision.

Maybe I'll try GIAC for a month and switch and report back with my impressions :)

themyst

Ready to race!
how come none of these fabled runs of 115 on stock turbo are on drag times? the best I've seen was 112 mph from a gutted stage 2 car.

K3nn3th

Passed Driver's Ed
I have Jb1 for now, it's great ! Plug and Play, No warranty issues etc etc.

Maybe someday change to Cobb, when they release for mk7 :D