Lots of nice cars in Cali but regulations are insane
*CARB
*Tint Regulations
*Front Plates :(

I would say Texas?

Apexeater

Ready to race!
Arizona

No emissions laws in my county (coconino)
No front plate

+1

Excellent roads
No front plates
No inspections
75mph freeways
race tracks (drag and road)
No significant bugs
reasonable insurance rates
89A (one of the best roads in the US not well known yet)

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Michigan:

+ Annual inspections: None
+ Exhaust testing: None
+ Front plate laws: Nope
++ Traffic: Light and amiable
--- Roads: FU*KING STRAIGHT AND BORING. Not in great shape either.
| Registration fees/taxes: Average maybe?
+ Tint laws: None
- Culture: Old and dying fast (or trucks. woooooooooooo.)
+ Track availability: Pretty great
| Gas costs: Fairly expensive in rural areas, but not pish-posh suburbia expensive.

I'm coming from CT, which has a butt load of restrictions, laws, and the gas was expensive. BUT. I'd much rather live there for driving because the roads curve and dip and bank and driving requires attention. I learned to love driving in a B5 passat station wagon and while the car was great, it was the roads that taught me to love to drive.

I'd also argue that the culture there was much more passionate. Less accepting (more segregated into the VTEC/Euro/Muscle), but better than MI which as far as I can tell is only diverse when people from IL come to use our tracks. Which are great BTW. People here like old cars and the culture just ages with the cars. Young guys tend to like trucks, which is a shame with all the great tracks around.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
definitely not VA or MD. stupidly strict emissions, slowest interstate speeds, shitty roads for states with among the nation's richest counties and VA being the only state where radar detectors are illegal.

Also citation hungry cops that can give u ticket for just 1 mph over limit...va sucks for enthusiats, not to mention many slow and oblivious drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Nc. Everyone knows about the tail of the dragon And that region. But there's also great roads in the middle of the state near uwharrie and then again in the Sandhills. Great coastal empty roads along the eastern side too.

No front license plate. Reasonable tint laws. We do require inspections so that sucks.

Also, PJCs. prayer for judgment continued. A routinely used judge given "pardon" for insurance and license point purposes.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
WA state has relaxed laws but the weather makes meets miserable all but a 2 months of the year. We have great roads but more often than not they're wet on the Western side of the state. The coast has unpopulated roads that allow for safe, spirited a triple digit pleasure rides - for 6 weeks of the year.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
WY.

There are littlerally no cops here, zero emission or noise laws. And CO is right down the road with epic passes through the Rockies. Plus gas is cheapest in the nation.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
I have to say california. My mom lives in miami. Miami is all about show what you got and they only like cars that are worth alot. In miami the drivers are the worst. Ive never been cut off so many times.
California has more enthusiast and the roads make it worth it. People here also seem to know how to drive better. In california you can also ride windows down for the greater part of the year without freezing or melting. To me thats important because with the manual gti its sucks shifting when the ac is on. And with windows down you get to hear the pops and burbles from the car.