GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best state for car enthusiasts?

maisonvi

Ready to race!
Ohio has extremely aggressive traffic cops, at least on the turnpike. Big negative right there. Michigan has shit roads for the most part.

PA is pretty nice but the weather is shit. It's cold and/or raining more than 50% of the time. You need 2 cars or an S4.

I have to assume the best would be something like South Carolina or other state with largely moderate weather that is not completely desolate.

I will give you the roads are not the best here.

Sent while "doing the speed limit"

SlowS3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3 & MK7.5 GTI
California(socal) has to be pretty good, no need for an intercooler :)

like stated above most of us break tint, exhaust, license plate, and awesome canyon/beach roads.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
Regulations aside, central and western NC or So Cal. Both have huge car cultures and access to awesome roads to make driving fun. No easily accessible drag strip in So Cal is a knock though.

As was said before, not too many people modding their cars in So Cal are slowed down by state regulations. As long as the state is poor and you don't drive like a raging prick, cops will have better stuff to worry about.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just an initial approach

Alabama....NFG............pretty much anything goes lol

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I would have said FL as well.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Arizona

No emissions laws in my county (coconino)
No front plate

No fucks given

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Florida would probably be up there...
+ NO annual inspections
+ NO Exhaust testing
+ NO Front plate laws
+ Traffic - Depends where you live
| Roads - Some good ones but not a lot to look at. Decent shape though
| Registration fees/taxes - not sure how it compares
+ Tint laws - usually no problems
| Culture - depends where you live. a lot of snow birds and old people in some areas. South Fla has more money/nicer cars
+ Track availability - I think...
+ Gas costs

This!

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
definitely not VA or MD. stupidly strict emissions, slowest interstate speeds, shitty roads for states with among the nation's richest counties and VA being the only state where radar detectors are illegal.

geep_gti

Ready to race!
Isn't FL so hot that you have to run the power-robbing AC all year?

People are really confused about that. Here in tampa it's rarely over 92. More AC days in the summer in St. Louis where I moved from. Record high in STL was 116, record high in tampa 99.