Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Subaru meets VR6 = Jake’s CBE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GTI & '07 TBSS
I probably should have seen this before asking you about it in pm I suppose. What CME diffuser, or bumper insert did you have in mind?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Subaru meets VR6 = Jake’s CBE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:cool:

Jake,
Do you attach a name brand or signature panel on the system?
Not in the market for one but wondered if the pipe had something on it.
A custom system deserves a custom display plate.

I don’t, but that’s a good idea. I just don’t want to go over do it like ECS where the logo is as big as the part ha

I probably should have seen this before asking you about it in pm I suppose. What CME diffuser, or bumper insert did you have in mind?

I have some research to do, if the OEM Volkswagen center exit valance is the same for mk7 and 7.5 that’s my plan. I’m 99% sure it’s interchangeable but haven’t had time to look

Sounds great Jake! Center exit option sounds very appealing

It sounds identical to a CSS Muffler+Res+Downpipe combo haha.

I wouldn’t say so. That combo would drone like nobody’s business and sound very hollow/empty. A CSS muffler is basically a muffler delete that weighs more, and without a resonator these cars sound terrible (with a Downpipe)

Your welds have come a long way even in the year I've been on the forums. This should be a home run

Thank you sir, I’m waiting on pricing info for my next tool investment that’ll take it to the next level. Always learning, investing, and practicing to improve

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I wouldn’t say so. That combo would drone like nobody’s business and sound very hollow/empty. A CSS muffler is basically a muffler delete that weighs more, and without a resonator these cars sound terrible (with a Downpipe)

Eh, in-cabin sounds pretty similar to mine w/ a swapped resonator + resonated downpipe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-3-OzNx574

When I had the stock resonator, yeah it droned terribly and had vibrations lmao.

Yours seem to have more grunt though, just from the in-cabin part of the video. Sounds really good! What's the pricing like and what tip options do you have? Interested to see the center exit versions.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I have a cts catless dp and awe exhaust. Your exhaust sounds way better than mine and I consider my pairing to be one of the better available. Kudos sir.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Sounds nice!

I've only got a cts catted downpipe exhaust wise right now. With the new turbo in and associated piping, it's a bit less refined than it was with the stock is20.

With the current setup of mine, I think a catback could net me a small increase in power, but I'm mostly after some refinement. Mellow and drone free.

My car doesn't drone currently, at least not what I consider drone(think flowmasters on a v8).

For someone that is looking for a good flowing, but mellow and decently quiet catback, how would this one work out?

Also, do you have the weight on this and the savings compared to the stock catback?