GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech high-pressure fuel pump upgrade

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
ok. I just wondered why you had the GTI 100 under in hp capacity. I believe both have the same pump which has been pushed past 400hp without issues.

Pumps and injectors are different between them. I don't think anyone other than a couple tuners know the actual ceiling of the OEM fuel systems yet, but with higher ethanol levels in fuels its always better to leave extra room for growth as E85 can require 30-40% more fuel volume than premium gas.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Pumps and injectors are different between them. I don't think anyone other than a couple tuners know the actual ceiling of the OEM fuel systems yet, but with higher ethanol levels in fuels its always better to leave extra room for growth as E85 can require 30-40% more fuel volume than premium gas.

On the ROW cars the pumps are the same. R uses injectors from the TTRS/RS3 probably due to different spray pattern to suite the pistons.
The rail runs 200Bar and this can be bumped to 218Bar electronically.
Injector timing stock is 7ms, tuned they go to 8ish. In general with previous gen cars cars 10ms is the limit.

In my opinion up to 450whp there is no restriction or need to upgrade. This has been proven on the cars that run the TTE and I am sure we will see similar with APR's stage 3's.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
On the ROW cars the pumps are the same. R uses injectors from the TTRS/RS3 probably due to different spray pattern to suite the pistons.
The rail runs 200Bar and this can be bumped to 218Bar electronically.
Injector timing stock is 7ms, tuned they go to 8ish. In general with previous gen cars cars 10ms is the limit.

In my opinion up to 450whp there is no restriction or need to upgrade. This has been proven on the cars that run the TTE and I am sure we will see similar with APR's stage 3's.

Interesting. My dealer compared the fuel pump part number off my car to a 15' R and they were different numbers. Could be a from being made in a different factory or maybe a superseded part I guess.

George, you are saying the R system is clearly 450WHP capable... what are the limits on the GTI injectors? And what are your thoughts on upgrading pump at ~ the 400WHP level? I'm kinda new to direct injection tuning :D

APR has said they have gotten their stg3 kit to around 500whp already on E85 and that it still has more in it :eek:, but that's with a larger fuel system.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Bringing this back from the recently departed...

Enquiring minds need to know: would uprated HPFP internals benefit a 300whp stock-turbo Mk7 Gti???

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
Bringing this back from the recently departed...

Enquiring minds need to know: would uprated HPFP internals benefit a 300whp stock-turbo Mk7 Gti???

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

No.

You only need an upgraded fuel pump if your current fuel pump can't keep up with the demand from the motor.

Outside of that, there's no reason to upgrade outside of peace of mind

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
George, you are saying the R system is clearly 450WHP capable... what are the limits on the GTI injectors? And what are your thoughts on upgrading pump at ~ the 400WHP level? I'm kinda new to direct injection tuning :D

APR has said they have gotten their stg3 kit to around 500whp already on E85 and that it still has more in it :eek:, but that's with a larger fuel system.

Good news, in APR's stage 3 preview post there is no extra fueling components. I.E. The fueling system could be good for 500HP :)

LeGti

Ready to race!
Thanks for your input, fellas.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
Arin mentioned on FB that there's going to be a stage 3 and a 3+. He said the difference had to do with fueling. Also someone mentioned at Sema their stage 3 kit had port injection.

Dspl1236

Passed Driver's Ed
Arin mentioned on FB that there's going to be a stage 3 and a 3+. He said the difference had to do with fueling. Also someone mentioned at Sema their stage 3 kit had port injection.

You can see the rail with what appears to be a pressure sensor on it.