GOLFMKV

Autotech high-pressure fuel pump upgrade

Mr.boles

Ready to race!

I wonder where they're going with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
I know it was a big improvement on my mk5 it smooth out the power delivery and definitely add some horsepower

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
I really don't like the idea of a fuel pump being given a horsepower rating you can tune and build power in different ways. I wonder what pressure it's good for at the fuel rail. what makes them determine that a fuel pump is good for X amount of power. I wonder if the fuel pump upgrade is more responsive aka build rail pressure quicker

Last edited:

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I've done 8 track days so far on my stage 2 GTI and never had any fuel problems.. Doesn't seem like it's worth it unless you get a BT

Djdirect21

Passed Driver's Ed
the stock pump is good for 400 hp on an GTI and 500 on R

Dario, do you have proof that the golf r has a different fuel system? I believe Arin from APR stated that both are good for 500+hp with stock fuel system.

Dario1

Ready to race!
Dario, do you have proof that the golf r has a different fuel system? I believe Arin from APR stated that both are good for 500+hp with stock fuel system.

sorry dont know about fuel system diferences but the R with 500hp doesnt have an problems with fueling ,confirmed by one member with tte450 turbo and other mods ,measured almost 500 and fueling is al ok

Djdirect21

Passed Driver's Ed
ok. I just wondered why you had the GTI 100 under in hp capacity. I believe both have the same pump which has been pushed past 400hp without issues.