GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 GTI ECU Upgrade!

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Congratulations APR and well done!

Arin please tell me if stage 2 is ready yet? I am running intake and downpipe. Or would stage 1 suffice with these mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's like the mk6, I don't think the stage 1 tune would hurt the car. You would basically get most of the stage 2 power since you have the proper hardware, but isn't 100% refined and you may have to deal with a CEL...However, since the mk7 has a lot of new things going on, I may have no idea what i'm talking about!

jaysian

Passed Driver's Ed
Arin@APR Congrats on the release!

I was just checking on your site and it lists the applicable engine codes.

Canadian GTI here. With a CNT 01XXXX engine code. Does this fit within the CNTA listed on your site?

Looking forward to ordering the intake first thing on monday and hopefully getting the ECU flash immediately!

Cheers

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Stock vs APR Stage 1, 93 octane

6.932 vs 5.656 - 0-60 MPH
7.242 vs 5.868 - 0-62 MPH
7.266 vs 5.883 - 0-100 KPH
14.983 vs 11.385 - 0-100 MPH
15.872 vs 10.094 - 60-120 MPH
18.968 vs 11.066 - 62-124 KPH
Speed Limited vs 11.124 - 100-200 KPH
Speed Limited vs 16.181 - 60-130 MPH
Speed Limited vs 13.343 - 30-130 MPH
14.283 vs 13.189 - Quarter Mile Time
97.10 vs 110.40 - Quarter Mile Trap Speed in MPH
though.

hey Arin, the speed in blue is most probably MPH not kph
and the times in red should logically be swapped.

p.s you may fix it on the website as well :p and you're welcome! I deserve an early intake delivery for pointing it out :D:D

trd420

Go Kart Champion
MK6 Stage 1 + Intake 269hp 295tq

MK7 GTI Stage 1 + Intake 326hp 390tq

MK6 K04 360hp 382tq

xheartcoreboyx1

Very nice numbers.

Look at that top end on the K04 though. ;)

I have an MK6 K04 and this makes me want an MK7 R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
will we have "APR EMCS Programs and Features" ?

MidKnight7

Ready to race!
got super excited about this till i ask the local APR Dealer about the price...1700 BND which converts to 1370 USD!!!...basically double the price from the US...guess i gotta wait for Unitronic, their price is fairer :( so bummed out right now

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Arin, my insurance allows mods, but I have to disclose how much hp is increased. I have pp, so the gain will be 10 less, but is there any data to show a reduced gain that I may show to my provider - it'd save me a heap in premiums!
Have you got a plot for example, in gears 1/2 with the torque limits in, so the gains are less?
Thanks

GoTime1

Ready to race!
Arin, my insurance allows mods, but I have to disclose how much hp is increased. I have pp, so the gain will be 10 less, but is there any data to show a reduced gain that I may show to my provider - it'd save me a heap in premiums!
Have you got a plot for example, in gears 1/2 with the torque limits in, so the gains are less?
Thanks

PP gains would be exactly the same as standard version bud. No decrease or increase. All the PP gives you is the fancy diff and a slightly better tune from VW which will be overwritten from APR once you flash.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Thanks

why would you report to your insurance? Is that a UK thing?

blackcat1

Banned
I had an idea, maybe it would work? The VCP cable can read and flash modules. Maybe we could read the module, save the image, then flash APR, read again and save. Then when going to VW for a service, flash the stock file. After the service, flash the APR one. Makes sense to anyone? Would it work? Arin?