GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 GTI ECU Upgrade!

wardpr68

Passed Driver's Ed
Full disclosure, I work at a dealer.

MY understanding was that even if you flashed it back to stock VW would still know due to logging of flashes or changes.... any knowledge on that? Even my own techs are unsure.

Second, did you guys track a manual? Would this power just eat up a clutch?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Exctly, I was wondering about that too.

Arin, we need to go back to the dealer to flash back to stock? And wont that increase the flash counter?

When you flash with APR software, we copy the flash counter from what it was, and apply it again, so it doesn't increase when flashing with APR software like it does with stock software.

Keep in mind, this doesn't even really matter. Dealers don't look at the flash counter. If they did, it wouldn't mean anything anyways because there's no database that says what it should be.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Second, did you guys track a manual? Would this power just eat up a clutch?

So far the clutch is holding up well. We're beating it up in germany. I don't know how long it will last, but so far we're not slipping.

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
How do you switch between tunes? I know on my Mk6 you used the cruise control. How would this work if I wanted 91, 93, valet and race or whatever is available?

blackcat1

Banned
Arin, we must go back to the dealer to flash back? Isnt there a way to release some sort of device that plugs on the OBD port and backups and flashes our map, tied to the VIN or something? Like they do with the fords.

When you flash with APR software, we copy the flash counter from what it was, and apply it again, so it doesn't increase when flashing with APR software like it does with stock software.

Keep in mind, this doesn't even really matter. Dealers don't look at the flash counter. If they did, it wouldn't mean anything anyways because there's no database that says what it should be.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Have you guys done any testing on PP equipped GTI's overseas? I'd love to know how the car drives with the differential and all the extra power.

Atty

Ready to race!
Is the test vehicles used with or without the performance package? I'm mainly wondering about the differential. If you've tested both platforms, what differences have you noted between them?

What have you determined to be the limiting factor here on the new motors?

GoTime1

Ready to race!
Congratulations APR and well done!

Arin please tell me if stage 2 is ready yet? I am running intake and downpipe. Or would stage 1 suffice with these mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dluvbell

Ready to race!
DSG is great! Fuel is the same or better when you're not romping around on it.

Yup, through the port. If you don't want anyone to know it's on the car, you need to have it flashed back to stock.

How do I switch back? Will there be different tunes like MK6? and we can switch modes whenever we want??