GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Garret makes two powermac turbos for the mk7. Which one are we talking about.

And what sort of price are we thinking (retail)?
DTR price range based on the other tuners. I’d let others chime in seems like an option that’s comparable to the is38+.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
At those price ranges, It's safe to say we're not talking about the bigger max, correct? (The bigger mk7 Pmax cost is higher than that, just FYI).

Also, 1350-1500 is not possible. That's below their minimum advertised price from garrett for just the turbo alone.

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
At those price ranges, It's safe to say we're not talking about the bigger max, correct? (The bigger mk7 Pmax cost is higher than that, just FYI).

Also, 1350-1500 is not possible. That's below their minimum advertised price from garrett for just the turbo alone.

is there any appetite to offer something bigger than the DTR6054 besides the old EFR7163 kit? or a refresh of that kit? there's obviously a lot of competition in the 500+ hp turbo market, but your only offering is the $6k+ kit with an external gate, which is hard to imagine moves much these days.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport

Smaller one. I guess it depends how much more and if it comes with a tune.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
is there any appetite to offer something bigger than the DTR6054 besides the old EFR7163 kit?
We're basically at the limit of internals and fueling. I don't see us making another turbo kit just to push it further. There is a Garret drop in unit that's capable of more, but the price is quite high. Turbo alone is over $3K. Add fueling, engine internals, tuning, etc, and it's probably very out of reach.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
We're basically at the limit of internals and fueling. I don't see us making another turbo kit just to push it further. There is a Garret drop in unit that's capable of more, but the price is quite high. Turbo alone is over $3K. Add fueling, engine internals, tuning, etc, and it's probably very out of reach.
alternate question, any plans for better fueling? An off-the-shelf fuel starvation solution is a big hole in the market, the current options are either ineffective or not particularly safe.

tehfalcon

APR really dropped the ball on GTI/TT/A3 owners not developing the upgraded fueling tunes for them. We all know the engines are essentially just as capable. I’m in the middle of getting a Flex/MPI/LPFP/HPFP/DP custom tune done on mine and there really is a lot of room left on these turbos.