GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
with all the help and support you give this place you should have a free site sponsor, but ... you know lol

Either way I and many others can give good reviews of Jakes work and customer support

Customers have always been my marketing department, which I really appreciate!

Only so many hours in a day so the steady flow I get from word of mouth works out perfectly.

Also the stock downpipe is literally a bottleneck... IICRC adding aftermarket DP adds like 25hp so 370ish + DP = 400? Should we read between the lines

You’ll see a 20-25whp gain on a completely stock car. Gains are linear as hp goes up and the effects of restriction are multiplied.

Not saying there’s a ton more than that left on the table, but just like charge pipes, catback and other air flow related items the higher hp the larger to potential gains.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
This kit was specifically designed and tested for a stock dp.
yeah I do get that and if noone can get 93gas 400hp with stock dp then thats an issue, only time will tell. really can only wait, need to see fbo guys and what they put down, also I think gator is going to get a custom tune so we can see the top of what it can do.

Either way my stock dp is in my garage and man its just so restrictive.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The first restriction is the turbo. You have to get the air in to the engine before it comes out. I don't see how much HP an aftermarket DP adds is relevant in this discussion if this turbo kit is designed to be used with a stock DP, and may not reach advertised HP goals.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Email is always my best contact although I have very active social media accounts on FB, IG, & a monetized YT account. However I’m not a site sponsor here which is why I’ve kept my opinions neutral here on APRs thread and I’m actually a long time customer of theirs dating back to 2011.
Hey it finally happened! I remember a while back you said you were getting close.

Congratulations.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Dang. Almost 100 pages now and no tangible data or comparisons.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What's wrong with Mishi? Solid unit. I have one and love it.
Nothing I know of, but it sounds like scrllock thinks they're garbage from his post.

I have no idea if it's the best or worst, but I do know I got free. Thus my statement.

I've got a free universal oil cooler coming that I'm going to try to use the fake Chinese VWR oil filter housing plate for, too.

My codriver is sponsored by them.

With the Chinese housing, I'll either save a lot of money or car will burn to the ground. I'm taking bets.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
¿Alguien tiene alguna referencia al Intercooler BAR-TEK V2?

ese intercooler debería estar bien para esta configuración