GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

jjm51

Ready to race!

brilliant.

might be the funniest response i have seen in over a year here.

thnx!

Whackamac

Ready to race!
If APR doesn't step up, they are going to lose a LOT of business... They already lost mine. I am eagerly drooling over the JB4 tuning option to be released so I can be APR free!

Irishace

Ready to race!
If APR doesn't step up, they are going to lose a LOT of business... They already lost mine. I am eagerly drooling over the JB4 tuning option to be released so I can be APR free!

I would agree. Burying your head in the sand and just blaming suppliers is pretty weak sauce. Not really surprising considering the egos and the utter negligence that has been applied to managing their business. If not for the private equity bail out they would already be out of business. I do not think this quality control issue is a coincidence.

ZrC

Ready to race!
Glad I got confirmation to just stick with AWE. Sad to see their exhaust systems so rusted and my 8 year old AWE downpipe barely looks worm.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Now I'm even more glad that I have always been a Milltek customer... I was considering APR for my MK7 after seeing how good they're getting with VAG cars, but after this? let's wait and see what they do for MK7 and how they'll prove it's not the same shit as in the attached pictures, implicitly stating that Corsa screwed up doesn't make me feel good about getting it from you, customers want a good product that works as advertised; if they get a messed up product I don't think they'll care if it's APR or Corsa that screwed up... I'm not hating at all but be careful APR, something like that could easily wipe away the excellent reputation which took you several years to build. come back with a better justification. Blaming Corsa just makes it worse :)

cheers

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The current "RSC" exhaust systems consist of 304 and 439 stainless steel. The design specifications do not call for 409 as suggested here. All grades of stainless will change color after use, and on some grades, surface corrosion and oxidation may appear. In the case there's actually an issue that results in a failure, the warranty still applies and can be handled through APR or Corsa. Corsa has the warranty information on their website: http://www.corsaperformance.com/WarrantyCenter/WarrantyReg.aspx

I also thought that APR manufactured their own exhausts. I pictured APR having welders and CNC pipe benders. I am one of APR's biggest fans, but unless Corsa's name is on the exhaust I believe APR should not tell us to contact Corsa. Corsa did not sell us the exhaust, and from what I am reading here, APR did not represent themselves merely as a reseller of Corsa's products. I only had a semester of law so I will leave it to an actual lawyer to explain the what the term, "privity of contract" means. But I know we, as the customers, do not have any with Corsa. That is like VW telling me to contact Recaro for warranty work on my seats.

Last edited:

milan187

Passed Driver's Ed
I got an APR intake. Was going to get their tune. I'm not sure they even wrote it now?

I don't think this thread would survive on vortex.

TheFunkyMonkey

I don't think this thread would survive on vortex.

I believe several were started and then promptly taken down. It's a very weak move in my humble opinion yet I know it happens all the time. The power of the marketing dollar... Vortex is a great resource (credibility took a shot in this situation) but they should see the writing on the wall and that is the APR marketing dollars are going to be drying up soon.

The best threads on this topic are on the MK6 and Audi Revolution forums:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86329
http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=2924.0

I go way back with APR but have not been a fan or customer for some time now. I'm not going to say I could see this coming a mile away but rather I'm not surprised - at all. Talk to the local dealers (what remain) and you will get a true perspective of the situation...