GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Wouldnt have bought a APR exhaust in the first place. Way over priced for piping. Can buy any other brand with a magnaflow muffler that has better packaging.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
As though that wound be any sort of excuse. "Oh, we didn't know how our product with our name on it was made. But at the same time, we do the most R&D in the industry." Them not knowing how their own products are assembled would almost be worse then them lying to us about the quality of it. Trying to take zero responsibility, and telling us to take it up with Corsa, is just pathetic. I had the APR turbo-back exhaust on my MK6 GTI, and it said APR on it, no Corsa logos anywhere. They wanted to take all the credit when stuff was going well, and now that there is an issue, their official statement is that "we don't make it, take up your issues with Corsa." :eek:
Agreed. Can't advertise the r&d and not even know the product being sold with their precious stamp ?

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
so are we asking Corsa about there exhaust systems or APR about "their" exhaust system? sounds like APR is not going to admit on this and just simply try to wipe onto someone else.

so far from what I've read and APR's responses to the matter, I will not be going to an APR dealer, time to get familiar with another vendor that stands behind their own product.

Last edited:

Irishace

Ready to race!
Apr solution is just turn up the heat on their subcontractor. Wow what a great way to conduct business. I would not trust apr to organize a picnic let alone tune a car or develop an exhaust. So sad the lack of accountability.

kunia1

Passed Driver's Ed
And that much money for crappy 409ss? Even 304 will 'rust', hell, even 316 will corrode.
APR should send me their CAD drawings - I'll get my shop to build me an exhaust out of 304 with lovely linear brush finish and gorgeous looking welds :)

kunia1

Passed Driver's Ed
None of our design specifications call for 409 stainless steel.

So is it 304 then? And if all those pictures are authentic those welds look terrible.
I was about to buy APR intake for my mk7 gti, but damn, now I'm not so sure. Why don't you take one your exhausts, cut it all up, post some pictures, prove everyone wrong and be done with it. At least do it for yourselves so you know what is it that you're actually selling. The point is, it's your sticker on the product, and as far as anyone's concerned, it's your product.