GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I Rice If ...?

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Am i rice for wanting to out the orm roof racks on my car, knwimg full well i will almost certainly never use them? I just think they look cool

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
rice ain't the word....noise and mpg is something to think about though. In honesty I would like a set and have occasionally looked at used sets...not too bad but I own a p/up with a rack.

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
Wide front wheels, dingleberry tow loop, that dreadful exhaust, "no good racing" sticker..

He's trying to be a Kanjo racer. Known for racing their civics down the Wangan highway in Japan. Also known for making civics look like this lol

To their credit, some of these litte civics can rip.

Those dudes more or less invented their style. While the Japanese do some really strange stuff to cars, those guys are original and their cars are legit

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Am i rice for wanting to out the orm roof racks on my car, knwimg full well i will almost certainly never use them? I just think they look cool

I had my roof racks on 90% of the time with the bike carriers , used them once a month with our bikes, no way in hell I was going to install and remove the racks every month just others don’t judge me because they are not being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Is there a noticable difference in noise snd mpg, or are we talking barely noticable?
rice ain't the word....noise and mpg is something to think about though. In honesty I would like a set and have occasionally looked at used sets...not too bad but I own a p/up with a rack.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I started reading this thread where it talks about exhaust tips. Is it just me or does the mk7.5 GTI have larger tips? I saw one at a dealership yesterday and can swear they are a little wider than those on mk7.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I started reading this thread where it talks about exhaust tips. Is it just me or does the mk7.5 GTI have larger tips? I saw one at a dealership yesterday and can swear they are a little wider than those on mk7.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

They are larger diameter and wider apart than Mk7. Or you could have been high on something... ::shrug::

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Not sure if ricer, but WOW!
Not sure if Mad Max or Red Sonja was in town.
The impressive thing was the wheels and tires.
I did not verify but looked like 22.5 Semi wheels/Tires.
Even more impressive is the rear wheels were duelies.
So this vehicles tires could carry up to 36,000 lbs.
Not sure the frame/suspension could carry that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Compensator, no explanation needed

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Just my two cents...

Terms that appropriate cultural iconography to denigrate others are, by definition racist. That does not always mean offensive, but, it’s really best to avoid them.

Rather than using the term ricer, ridiculous is prolly better frankly.

On the other side of the spectrum, using your value system to judge others is also prejudicial and culturally I sensitive as well. Folks that think “riced-out” cars are ridiculous may use a term that is culturally insensitive, another party denigrating its use may be acting insensitive to the culture (‘Murican car guys) is also being equally insensitive and oppressive towards the group that they are demonstrably denigrating.

So... “ricer” is better avoided, and, more importantly, denigrating others because they do not share your “enlightened” values should also be avoided.

BTW, I’m a PhD in Social Justice (Vandy) and learning/understanding where others exist in their culture is far more important than suggesting that “everyone” should conform to any (especially your own) worldview is pretty silly.

As to the OP’s original question..

Cosmetic (only) modifications that look like they are performance modifications are (in this posters opinion) ridiculous.

:)

RG2002, is that you?

Anyone who finds Rice offensive is a retarded snow flake, 'nuff said.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Wide front wheels, dingleberry tow loop, that dreadful exhaust, "no good racing" sticker..

He's trying to be a Kanjo racer. Known for racing their civics down the Wangan highway in Japan. Also known for making civics look like this lol

To their credit, some of these litte civics can rip.

I definitely want to visit Wangan someday