GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I Rice If ...?

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Figured id try a thread where we ask the community if the mod we are planning is rice or not. Could help save many mk7 lives and could be fun discussing whats rice. Ill start with a genuine one.

Am i rice if i get exhaust tips? I dont have enough to get the the rest of the exhaust or axle back, not yet at least, and i want bigger exhausts cause the stock ones are tiny. I know its a cosmetic only - fake performance gain mod and is by definition rice lol but just wanted to know what you guys think.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Bigger than 3" is approaching rice status, I like the OEM ones being pretty much the actual diameter. The BMS tips are the biggest I would go. Flashy tips are gaudy. Gaudy usually = rice IMO

Then again I am doing carbon fiber side skirts, front lip and wing, and mirror caps. So that could maybe be considered rice, but if it looks "proper" and well done then I think that's what is different than a "ricer" because it usually looks hacked or cheap.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
What is “rice” at it relates to this forum? Sounds like a non compliment to something in the Asian culture.

euro-rice is a thing. Of course rice is associated with Japanese imports mostly... but you can do the same things to VW's and really any car.. extreme negative camber, stretched tires, huge exhaust tips, ridiculous stickers, novelty items like giant tow hooks and stuffed animals hanging from your car, extreme lowering of the car that ends up ripping off your bumper, fart cannon exhaust note and the list goes on

nate704

Go Kart Champion
If they are 5" in diameter or more you are a river or a diesel wanna be.

like this? :D

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
the ones im looking at are the BMS ones. they are 4" diameter.

Since the OEM tips are welded, how do the BMS attach? I like having the tips welded on.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
i think the term "rice" we can all agree to be generally those cheap/tacky/overdone/over-obnoxious mods done in poor taste.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
i think the term "rice" we can all agree to be generally those cheap/tacky/overdone/over-obnoxious mods done in poor taste.

Yes pretty much that.