GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My TPC20 is at 28psi by 3600 rpm. Seen this in all of my logs.

Mine is only at 20psi at that RPM but it ramps up to 29psi at 4000 RPM. That's why I want to get the remote dyno tune from EQT.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It's possible the dyno is not putting as much load as you'd see on the street, thus the later rpm. When I had my focus st dyne tuned, it wasn't hitting full boost until like 4500 rpm... lol. On the street it was way better. A good dyno operator shop/should be able to account for this on a true load bearing dyno, but I think most simply throw it on and go. If you have that issue in the future, you can always run the next higher gear on the dyno to better simulate street conditions.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Heat will also slow spool.

Heat shouldn't have been much of a factor when mine was run because it was only about 70 degrees. I do see a dip in HP and torque at 3300 RPM that the tuner attributed to the cam timing. Someone else mentioned to me that EQT can manage the timing where I don't believe my tuner knew how to.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
My ihx475 hits 28psi at 3200rpm in 4th. I’m guessing the tpc20 is a bigger wheel. Any specs on what they use?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My ihx475 hits 28psi at 3200rpm in 4th. I’m guessing the tpc20 is a bigger wheel. Any specs on what they use?

I know that the wheel is bigger than the IS38 but they don't show the size on their website. They should.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Wow that’s impressive. Are you running ethanol to get it to spool that early or is that on pump gas?
No just our pump 94 we have up here. Ed has some good tuning strategies to spool these turbos fairly quick.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R