GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I like the turbo a lot. On mine I hit 28psi at 3750 RPM. Peaked at 29psi at 4000 RPM and then held 27-28psi to redline. But my IS38 hit 28psi at 3100 RPM so the TPC20 spools about 700 RPM later.
did you dyno your is38 and tpc20 on the same dyno? I’m curious as to the difference in peak numbers

FST_NML

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI S DSG LP/PP
Jim, I know the numbers say 700 RPM later, but is there a big difference in drivability? Especially compared to the IS38 you had? I would think so but sometimes graphs don't reflect reality.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Jim, I know the numbers say 700 RPM later, but is there a big difference in drivability? Especially compared to the IS38 you had? I would think so but sometimes graphs don't reflect reality.

No there isn't any difference in drivability. The 700 RPM later spool goes by in a blink. I should also mention that TPC is a great company to deal with. Very easy to get on the phone.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
No there isn't any difference in drivability. The 700 RPM later spool goes by in a blink. I should also mention that TPC is a great company to deal with. Very easy to get on the phone.

Did you post your dyno sheet? I wanna see!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Did you post your dyno sheet? I wanna see!

Yes I did but I don't remember what thread. I'll post it here.

1587343877339.jpeg

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yes same dyno and tuner. If you mean peak power numbers the IS38 was 362 HP and 408 torque and the TPC20 is 416 HP and 428 torque. Everything mod wise was identical when both were tuned.
Thanks. That’s a lot of extra power. Any idea if anyone ever dynoed an EQT on that dyno?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Glad to see another TPC20 user loving it. I've got ~20k miles on mine and still running great. Only pushing 27psi and very little timing, but it still makes for a killer streetcar. Hoping to throw fueling at it later this year and get a full e85 tune to see how usable it is with ethanol.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Well I don’t race Go Karts so what gives. How you customize that?! I want a title too haha