GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
@Lord_Flexington does the tpc20 really spool as late as the dynos show On TPC’s website? ~4000rpm???
No its very dependant on the tuner itself. Also depends on fueling/mods etc. I can hit 28psi by around 3.2-3.4k and then it just holds strong from there. Very dependant on what you want to achieve for the car.

I ordered the TPC20 but I did so before I saw your post. At some point I'll drop your name in there. Thanks.
For sure my dude please do!

I can probably set up something if enough people in here would like.
Also interested in the TPC. My question is this. Which turbo has zero Chinese parts... or the least amount of them if nothing else?
And yes, I’m friggen serious
Amusing stance, but its not a chinese made turbo. Produced, machined, and test in Canada.
Stock, but the more I read about this virus... the less I want to purchase anything from those taint lickers.
Again, bold lol.
Well TPC rebuilds the cores that are sent to them so I doubt they have much Chinese content. But I honestly don't know. I'm going from an IS38 with leaking bearing seals back to the TPC20 hybrid mostly because of the MHI TD06 center section.
The td06 is a beast for sure.
Are you still tuned by Jon from 5150?
Happily so!

Sorry for the long wait there guys. This week got a lil crazy!

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
More than 400x tunes with IS20 LM440 (fastest spooling IS20 hybrid so far)
upgrade turbos since 2017 - No issue yet due to 100% stability. Lots of dyno
sheets, videos, lc, drags, pictures on YOUTUBE, etc.

LM440 IS20 Turbo VW Golf GTI 7 MK7 MK7.5 VII Upgradelader Turbocharger KolbenKraft Upgrade hyb...jpgLM440 IS20 Turbo VW Golf GTI 7 MK7 MK7.5 VII Upgradelader Turbocharger KolbenKraft Upgrade hyb...jpg

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Here is a dyno from Facebook on CTS550 tuned by 5150. If these turbos prove reliable it can be another decent option. One graph is SAE and the other is STD. I'm trying to find out what it was compared (lower dyno number) but I think it was a DBV2.

Edited for missinformation.

Attachments

• CTS550 dyno std.jpg
    CTS550 dyno std.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 210
  • CTS550 Dyno sae.JPG
    CTS550 Dyno sae.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Here is a dyno from Facebook on CTS550 tuned by 5150. If these turbos prove reliable it can be another decent option. The difference between the two numbers are SAE vs STD.
Good numbers but that looks like 2 different runs and STD is usually SAE + 2.6%

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I see smoothing of 5 used the most on dynojets. I use 3 on vdyno, but that might depend on a lot on logging speed and such. I try to use the lowest possible smoothing value on vdyno without it being wonky...check out zero smoothing lol.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Good numbers but that looks like 2 different runs and STD is usually SAE + 2.6%

You could be right. I was just going by what was said in the discussion but I'll ask to confirm. I edited it to have 2 graphs. One SAE and the other STD. I'm still trying to find out what the lower dyno number setup was it compared to.

Last edited:

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'm glad Jon finally went to a higher reading dyno, but now that just means I want to dyno on the new one to compare :cry:

He still prefers his old mustang because it loads the same as if it was on the street. I think he was just renting this dyo but could be wrong.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
He still prefers his old mustang because it loads the same as if it was on the street. I think he was just renting this dyo but could be wrong.
Ya. But the casual car person only cares about numbers, and I do have to admit it's annoying to have to qualify numbers when people ask with "...on a really low reading mustang" or "add 15% for dynojet".

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
That's why you prove it with some timeslips. Pac, what did your car dyno on his old mustang, did it even crack 400?

Nope. LOL. It made 393 whp. But that was when it was on e30 and it trapped 126. New setup bumped ethanol to e48 with more timing so trapping closer to 129.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
You could be right. I was just going by what was said in the discussion but I'll ask to confirm. I edited it to have 2 graphs. One SAE and the other STD. I'm still trying to find out what the lower dyno number setup was it compared to.
Nice I can remove my comment if you want so you dont have to state the change

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Ok Gentlemen, ladies? Not sure. This is a direct quote from an email TPC sent to me on the TPC20 spool time

“ The dyno we did our tests on didn't put a good load on the car so the turbo showed to spool later then it actually does.
On the streets we hit 28psi at 3600rpm and holds until shift point which is about 6500 on stock GTI head.”

Hope that helps

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok Gentlemen, ladies? Not sure. This is a direct quote from an email TPC sent to me on the TPC20 spool time

“ The dyno we did our tests on didn't put a good load on the car so the turbo showed to spool later then it actually does.
On the streets we hit 28psi at 3600rpm and holds until shift point which is about 6500 on stock GTI head.”

Hope that helps

I like the turbo a lot. On mine I hit 28psi at 3750 RPM. Peaked at 29psi at 4000 RPM and then held 27-28psi to redline. But my IS38 hit 28psi at 3100 RPM so the TPC20 spools about 700 RPM later.